If you were Silas Bolden would you have second thoughts about coming to Texas

On 3/19/2024 at 8:32 PM, David Latiolais said:

There could easily be the possibility that Texas has too much talent at wide receiver, and if you're Silas Bolden would you start having serious second thoughts about not coming to Texas? He's going to be so far behind the other receivers and the talent of these young guys will make it hard to keep them off the field.

Just for a quick reality check.. Returning production at WR for Texas

Bond- 48 for 668 yards , 4 TDs

Golden- 38 catches 404 yards, 6 TDs

Cook- 8 catches 138 yards, 0 Tds

I am not sure someone that had 54 catches a 746 yards would look at that production and be afraid, which is probably why he signed with Texas. He is the only WR on the Texas roster to lead his team in receiving. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, codaxx said:

Just for a quick reality check.. Returning production at WR for Texas

Bond- 48 for 668 yards , 4 TDs

Golden- 38 catches 404 yards, 6 TDs

Cook- 8 catches 138 yards, 0 Tds

I am not sure someone that had 54 catches a 746 yards would look at that production and be afraid, which is probably why he signed with Texas. He is the only WR on the Texas roster to lead his team in receiving. 

Except they are very talented and on campus running the TX offense and catching passes from Quinn, and he's not. That puts him behind everyone. How hard will it be to catch up in the short time before the 1st game?  Hard system to pick up. Plus, this has nothing to do with being afraid, but having one season to show the NFL all your skills. I want him to be at TX, I just wonder if it's the best move for the kid? 

4 minutes ago, David Latiolais said:

Except they are very talented and on campus running the TX offense and catching passes from Quinn, and he's not. That puts him behind everyone. How hard will it be to catch up in the short time before the 1st game?  Hard system to pick up. Plus, this has nothing to do with being afraid, but having one season to show the NFL all your skills. I want him to be at TX, I just wonder if it's the best move for the kid? 

You are the one that said maybe he should reconsider. He understood the timeline, when he signed up. If he cant play at Texas, he isnt going to play in the league. Despite all the talk of a great WR room, there is very little proven commodities.  Just my opinion, but Bond and Bolden are the only ones that have proven to be high level WRs in college football. The rest are about improving and realizing their potential. 

• Hook 'Em 1