Insider team notes: Thursday

5 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

I am interested to see whether or not Texas will get holding calls FOR them or if it’s just something that is being largely ignored in college football.

More broadly, I’m interested to see the difference in how SEC refs call the game, versus the clown show of B12 officiating.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Longhornfocus said:

Love all the info on the newcomers. Y’all have been killing it as usual. Bit surprised to not hear much about Jaray Bledsoe. Any updates there? Hoping he can make the leap soon.

It’s hard to have any movement on the DL with 1 or 2 days with pads on. Need at least a week a pads on to get any real idea of how well the DL/OL are doing. 

32 minutes ago, codaxx said:

It’s hard to have any movement on the DL with 1 or 2 days with pads on. Need at least a week a pads on to get any real idea of how well the DL/OL are doing. 

That's probably true and a good point, although I believe we heard reports that Bryant and Savea were working with the 2's. Not sure what to make of Savea jumping Bledsoe already in such short time (as you mention). 

3 hours ago, Longhornfocus said:

That's probably true and a good point, although I believe we heard reports that Bryant and Savea were working with the 2's. Not sure what to make of Savea jumping Bledsoe already in such short time (as you mention). 

Going to be a lot of experimenting going on during spring/fall camp.  We will generally over-react to each one. We will see how it looks at the end of camp