Note on 4-star IOL Jackson Christian

1 hour ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

He’s in the calculator… question is how quickly the IOL will fill out. Coleman twins plus Mills seems like a likely scenario with the one twin as OT possibility but that would only leave room for Faususi to make 5 OL. Coaches have some decisions to make with so many other OL still out there. 

A great problem to have after so many years of bad OL play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

He’s in the calculator… question is how quickly the IOL will fill out. Coleman twins plus Mills seems like a likely scenario with the one twin as OT possibility but that would only leave room for Faususi to make 5 OL. Coaches have some decisions to make with so many other OL still out there. 

For sure! Texas will very likely sign 5 in the 2025 cycle … big decisions 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, stunnedandpissed said:

Thanks for the great reports, @Gerry Hamilton  

I’m having a hard time reading the tea leaves to guess the order of our OL big board. If you had to guess, which five OL would the coaches take if they got to pick?  And maybe who are the first couple contingencies?

I don't think the big board is defined. I think there are about 11-12 guys in the class they have above the line with the understanding all aren't equal. 

Fasusi is a given. John Mills, Devin and Jordan Coleman and Jackson Christian could raise hand now. Texas really likes Lamont Rogers upside. 

A guy like Nick Brooks is a wild card headed into next weekend. Brooks and Texas will begin to play out starting next weekend. 

13 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I don't think the big board is defined. I think there are about 11-12 guys in the class they have above the line with the understanding all aren't equal. 

Fasusi is a given. John Mills, Devin and Jordan Coleman and Jackson Christian could raise hand now. Texas really likes Lamont Rogers upside. 

A guy like Nick Brooks is a wild card headed into next weekend. Brooks and Texas will begin to play out starting next weekend. 

Thanks Gerry. That’s super helpful. 

So I shouldn’t interpret Jackson Christian coming in twice this week as a sign that he’s on the upper echelon side of that line for the coaches?