Keelon Russell Post Visit Update (1:50 pm CST)

I can only see the staff going after Keelon if KJ is giving them mixed signals. I can’t really see Sark singling out a kid so early in the process at qb, only to recruit over them later on. Especially when KJ has, at least publicly, been recruiting for Texas. I would personally take Keelon over KJ in this class but I don’t know what precedent that would set for future recruits. Other schools would certainly use that as a tactic against us. Still trust Sark overall to get it right but it’s an interesting development.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like Russell over KJ personally. I see a higher upside with Russell, already playing in TX in HS is just a plus to me. Russell's size is very similar to VY...Russell can put the ball anywhere on the field & kid's got an ARM!!! Hook'em!

On 4/21/2024 at 1:47 PM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Duncanville High 4-star QB Keelon Russell told OTF that he has concluded his visit. 

The Texas staff did not say the plan to make 2025 a two QB class. They want one QB, and develop that QB. 

The Texas staff said their QB in the class with either be K.J. Lacey or Russell. 

The Texas staff they love Russell’s talent and skill set, and they could see him being part of the program. 

Russell said this was his best visit to date. He told the Texas staff he would come in and compete.

Official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. 

SMU OV in mid-May and Florida June 7-9.

That’s a healthy room when a recruit is asking to be offered and given a chance to compete.