Texas Softball Wins Big 12

• Moderators

For the fifth time in school history, and the first time since 2010, the No. 1 ranked Longhorns Softball program has won the Big 12 conference after sweeping Texas Tech in Lubbock.

This is the first conference title under Head Coach Mike White, with the other four happening under Connie Clark in 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2010.

• Hook 'Em 22

Bubba Jaques -- Just fyi, but my wife and I, along with two other Texas couples were on a limo/bus vehicle (like an airport rental car shuttle) leaving the Cotton Bowl after the Longhorns beat the Sooners several years ago. There were some VIP guests of the Dallas Chamber of Commerce on the bus that day. As the vehicle was leaving the driver noticed a man and his wife waving for him to hold up for them. That jubilant couple came on board smiling and the man yelled "Hook 'Em Bubba!" to celebrate your game winning play. That man was the then-incumbent Mayor of Dallas, Ron Kirk.

My other Texas-OU brush with greatness came in a Fletcher's Corny Dog line when a familiar- looking guy joined my buddy and me at the back of the line. That guy was Stonie Clark, the year after he made that spectacular defensive stop at the Texas goal line to seal the victory. We joked with Stonie about what a difference a year can make. The previous season he was on the top of the Longhorns world... and the very next year there he was at the back of the line for a corny dog! 

• Hook 'Em 1