🥎🥎🥎 Women’s CWS Thread - No. 1 Longhorns vs. No. 2 Sooners 🥎🥎🥎

7 minutes ago, HookemTexas said:

Prob went with Kavan cause ou batters hadn't faced her yet this season.  Really more an issue with the bats, they tend to go ice cold.  Only the Florida game was a breakout.

Kavan started and pitched 3.1 innings against OU on 4/7.  She left behind 1-0 and was replaced by Estelle Czech.  Czech pitched the last 3.2 and got the win.  A 2-run HR off of Maxwell by Katie Stewart was the game winner.

7 hours ago, southpaw said:

Kavan started and pitched 3.1 innings against OU on 4/7.  She left behind 1-0 and was replaced by Estelle Czech.  Czech pitched the last 3.2 and got the win.  A 2-run HR off of Maxwell by Katie Stewart was the game winner.

Ah, thanks, I misremembered.  Kavan had good games against Stanford, so I could see why coach went with her feeling she had the hot hand.  Likely he goes with Morgan today and if there's a game 3 who knows.

Don't know what's happened to Simpson's pitching, she seems to have regressed every year since her freshman campaign.  She has a good variety of pitches when they are on.

5 hours ago, HookemTexas said:

Ah, thanks, I misremembered.  Kavan had good games against Stanford, so I could see why coach went with her feeling she had the hot hand.  Likely he goes with Morgan today and if there's a game 3 who knows.

Don't know what's happened to Simpson's pitching, she seems to have regressed every year since her freshman campaign.  She has a good variety of pitches when they are on.

(SS) She doesn't have good enough stuff for the college game.  She has to be perfect in her location or she really gets battered around.  Lots of girls struggle with this when they move up.  These girls can hit.  If you don't have great location and movement.  You are in for a long day in WCS right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Derek Handler said:

Got my lucky seat at Twin Peaks.  Let's go...

I'm headed over to my favorite watering hole myself, luckily I only have to walk out my community gates to get there. I'm either getting sauced cause we're winning or trying to forget. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Lovell said:

I don’t know if it’s the Texas bias but man I swear they really really annoying 

Yeah I can't quit laughing at the OU player who slammed her bat down on a walk down 5 runs to Florida.   Clown.