Note on Michael Terry III (Wednesday 7:22 am CST)

• Moderators

Note on Michael Terry III

San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights 4-star athlete Michael Terry III will begin his OV to Texas A&M earlier than expected. This will not be a full weekend OV. 

The Terry family is scheduled to arrive in College Station today/tonight, and have the two day visit Thursday through Saturday. Texas A&M has taken the Thursday through Saturday approach with a few prospects in the 2025 cycle. 

Notes

Terry and family have been in contact with Texas multiple times since the OV. Texas has reiterated that the 6-3, 217 pounder has a spot in the Texas class all the way until signing day in December if he waits to make a decision. 

Texas, Texas A&M and Nebraska all remain squarely in the mix. 

Terry and family are not in a rush to make a decision, There remains talk in the family about a fall decision. That is subject to change, of course, as many prospects end up backing off that timeline and committing prior to senior season. 

The NIL part of the recruitment has yet to truly begin. 

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Thanks 3

I'm glad we're pursuing him.  I've been on his case since the beginning.  I know a lot of posters were less impressed, but I see him as a guy that is just so talented that he can be great wherever he chooses.

Good luck to the young man.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, gus fleener said:

I've been wondering if Michael Terry could be a Texas version of Brock Bowers.

Good question ... the key thing for me is IF Terry ever were to buy in to being a TE, he could be truly elite. Bowers wanted to be a TE all the way, so that places him way ahead right now.