Gerry, CJ, TE question

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Nick Townsend or Michael Terry III. Nick Townsend has the speed, Michael Terry could be a very versatile Inline,H-Back, Flex TE with speed. Which would you take?

Nick Townsend for me because he "wants" to play TE 

Terry has that Amari Niblack upside if he were to ever buy in down the line 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators

I think Gerry nailed it. Playing TE is an acquired taste for anyone who has not grown up playing the position. We saw it take JT Sanders a full season before the staff trusted him at the position and even then he was not 100% bought into the every play duties of living in the trenches.

Not saying that will be the case for Terry, he is a great football player. But Townsend is actively in the trenches and doing the tight end dirty work every play already.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, GoHorns1 said:

Is TE Michael Terry’s best potential position on offense?

4 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

I believe so, yes.

If he doesn’t want to play TE and the coaching staff thinks that‘s the position where he might be elite, then is there a reason to hold a spot for him? 

JT Sanders needed some work but he wanted to play TE not defense. Maybe not apples to apples but you have to be willing or what’s the point.

As Gerry and you said above, Nick Townsend wants to play TE.

Edited by marathon

Tough choice between the two.

Agree, Michael Terry ATH closer to Amari Niblack based on film and photos. Terry is maybe a cross between Amari Niblack, Cordarelle Patterson and a little bit of JT Sanders.

If we get Kiotti or Edwards, I prefer adding Terry ATH. If we don't get Kiotti or Edwards, I prefer adding Townsend TE. Happy with either addition.

Kiotti Armstrong, Michael Terry and/or Nick Townsend would be fantastic imo!

Because we have Washington TE and not much else after we lose our 3 oldest TE/HBs, I would be pleased with the right 3 TE/HBs this recruiting cycle.

Coach Banks and Co have done a remarkable job to get underrated Washington TE signed, Winston HB committed and now 5 June TX OVs with realky good prospects. Need to close the deal on at least 2 prospects.