Pierce fired

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Please please please let it break sometime today that we're hiring Schloss.

Don’t see CDC doing Schloss like this on the day of the national championship. I don’t think it’s Schloss or Tony V personally. Makes no sense to make the announcement today if it was either of them. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns

6 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Don’t see CDC doing Schloss like this on the day of the national championship. I don’t think it’s Schloss or Tony V personally. Makes no sense to make the announcement today if it was either of them. 

It's a firing announcement, not a hiring announcement. The hiring one comes later.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Why then do you think we waited until this day to announce the firing? 

Just now, Red Five said:

Why then do you think we waited until this day to announce the firing? 

No clue but why would CDC create a huge distraction for his new coach if that guy was coaching for a national championship? Just doesn’t seem like something he would do to me. Maybe I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, TexasLonghorns said:

No clue but why would CDC create a huge distraction for his new coach if that guy was coaching for a national championship? Just doesn’t seem like something he would do to me. Maybe I’m wrong. 

I seriously doubt we're announcing a hire today, as hilarious as that would be.

Doesn't mean it couldn't break before the game, though. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I seriously doubt we're announcing a hire today, as hilarious as that would be.

Doesn't mean it couldn't break before the game, though. 

Likely not going to announce today but it’s still a huge distraction if it’s either of the two coaching tonight. Especially if it leaks out. Just don’t see CDC running the risk of that when it could’ve waited 24 hours. I’m betting it’s not either Schloss or Tony V but I hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Likely not going to announce today but it’s still a huge distraction if it’s either of the two coaching tonight. Especially if it leaks out. Just don’t see CDC running the risk of that when it could’ve waited 24 hours. I’m betting it’s not either Schloss or Tony V but I hope I’m wrong. 

May be just a timing issue. Job has to be open for X amount of days or something. 

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

May be just a timing issue. Job has to be open for X amount of days or something. 

Might be on to something there, as it's a state job, I believe it has to be posted and the candidate has to apply - formalities.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HookemTexas said:

Might be on to something there, as it's a state job, I believe it has to be posted and the candidate has to apply - formalities.

Possibly but talking heads making headlines like this to his 68k followers is why I’m struggling to see CDC not waiting 24 hours to prevent his good friend Schloss from having this distraction on his biggest game day and game as a head coach. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns