Smith Orogbo update (1:15 pm CST)

• Moderators

Alief (Texas) Hastings EDGE Smith Orogbo remains scheduled to announce his commitment July 1. 

The OnTexasFootball 4-star+ twitchy pass rush prospect has a final four of Washington, Texas Tech, Texas and Oklahoma. 

Should Smith cut his list to just three, it will be interesting to see if Washington makes the cut. If the Huskies are in the final three, that would mean one of the three closest to home gets left out. 

Texas Tech tried to apply the commit now/very quickly heat on the OV June 7-9. 

Texas and Oklahoma - who will push hardest. The Sooners just picked up a second EDGE commitment in the class within the last hour. 

The Longhorns love the explosive pass rush upside of the Houston area prospect. 

• Hook 'Em 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steven Schrader said:

so we have a chance?  lol

yeah...I'm not predicting but I'll make a wild guess and say he's a Longhorn

OU getting two Edge commits already helps Texas. Lance Jackson is Jack Edge, Smith Orogbo is a Buck Edge.

• Hook 'Em 3

BTW...my comparison for him...very Colin Simmons-ish...not as big, but great closing speed, knows how to wrap...over-runs the play at times, but his issues can be coached...my guess is he will gain 20 (from what we saw on HUDL)  or so lbs before he enrolls in January

Just now, GoHorns1 said:

OU getting two Edge commits already helps Texas. Lance Jackson is Jack Edge, Smith Orogbo is a Buck Edge.

long term I project Lance Jackson to be very much like Malcom Brown...fast, physical, and REAL GOOD

yes...just a guess on my part, of course...but he's so big already...I think he will be a BAMF at DT

2 minutes ago, Steven Schrader said:

long term I project Lance Jackson to be very much like Malcom Brown...fast, physical, and REAL GOOD

yes...just a guess on my part, of course...but he's so big already...I think he will be a BAMF at DT

Lance Jackson is a Reggie White type Strong side DE (Jack in PK defense)

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Steven Schrader said:

BTW...my comparison for him...very Colin Simmons-ish...not as big, but great closing speed, knows how to wrap...over-runs the play at times, but his issues can be coached...my guess is he will gain 20 (from what we saw on HUDL)  or so lbs before he enrolls in January

Mine is Dorance Armstrong if he maximizes

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Mine is Dorance Armstrong if he maximizes

Like Bobby, you may recall Smith was one of the folks I have campaigned for from the beginning.  Young man is so twitchy fast!  Unbelievable first step/

• Hook 'Em 1