Kinky Friedman RIP

• Moderators

Kinky Friedman passed away this morning at the age of 79 after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease.

A University of Texas graduate, Friedman did it all and did it in a way only he could. He was an author, musician, songwriter, politician and much more. 

He was always super nice to me and would always have everyone around him laughing.

RIP to a true one of a kind guy. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Sad 7

Met Kinky at the Ohio State in Columbus in 2005. He was in his RV bus. Parkinson is a terrible disease, my youngest brother was diagnosed with it when he was 43 in 2006 and died last October the week of the OU game. He was a Texas graduate like me and we shared season tickets.

Edited by GoHorns1
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, GoHorns1 said:

Met Kinky at the Ohio State in Columbus in 2005. He was in his RV bus. Parkinson is a terrible disease, my youngest brother was diagnosed with it when he was 43 in 2006 and died last October the week of the OU game. He was a Texas graduate like me and we shared season tickets.

Thanks for sharing that, had no idea he was interested in Texas Football. 

...and condolences on the loss of your brother.🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Kinky Friedman passed away this morning at the age of 79 after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease.

A University of Texas graduate, Friedman did it all and did it in a way only he could. He was an author, musician, songwriter, politician and much more. 

He was always super nice to me and would always have everyone around him laughing.

Loved Kinky.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

RIP Kinky!! A true Austin legend, he will be missed and Austin is a little less weird without him!