Cy Young winner weighs in — Schloss was a tough guy to play for

“Schloss was a tough guy to play for… for certain types of player. The ones that didn’t take academics seriously. The ones that showed up late to workouts. The ones that missed meeting. The ones that didn’t bust their asses every single day. The ones that weren’t accountable to their teammates. The ones that were soft.”

Travis Chestnut’s mother is waging a Jihad on X about how he was mean to her son. 😂

• Hook 'Em 6

Who is the Arrieta guy and what has he ever done lol!! Of course they is more BS than normal coming out of CS since Schloss upgraded. He’s mean, he doesn’t care, he’s not a players coach, blah blah blah. If that were so true then they wouldn’t be so butt hurt and glad to be rid him. The more hurt they are the more he clearly meant to them and their program. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That’s good stuff, thanks for sharing.

So many soft kids these days. I was complaining to @CJ Vogel about it on Thursday. My oldest son just got a new glove made and put a slogan on there regarding that. It didn’t make his mom too happy. IMG_6709.thumb.jpeg.1eed77a75905bf215382ea631a8d8513.jpeg

DBAP = don’t be a p…..

He told me he was tired of soft kids. Was music to my ears… although I wish he would have chose a different avenue to express it. What can you do?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

So many soft kids these days. I was complaining to @CJ Vogel about it on Thursday. My oldest son just got a new glove made and put a slogan on there regarding that. It didn’t make his mom too happy. IMG_6709.thumb.jpeg.1eed77a75905bf215382ea631a8d8513.jpeg

DBAP = don’t be a p…..

He told me he was tired of soft kids. Was music to my ears… although I wish he would have chose a different avenue to express it. What can you do?

NICE!!!!  That's what we dad's love to hear.  My girl was the same playing Basketball.  Really unhappy when her teammates whined about the extra effort required.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

DBAP = don’t be a p…..

Your son got a glove "made for him"? Sounds like he's part of the problem, when I played baseball you got a raw piece of leather and formed it into a mit with blood, sweat and pure effort.

I kid, I kid, Blake, that's a pretty cool story 🤘

18 hours ago, horns96 said:

Your son got a glove "made for him"? Sounds like he's part of the problem, when I played baseball you got a raw piece of leather and formed it into a mit with blood, sweat and pure effort.

I kid, I kid, Blake, that's a pretty cool story 🤘

And I walked to school at below zero with 6 feet of snow uphill....both ways!!! 🤣

Edited by Adam Lane

On 6/29/2024 at 8:26 PM, Alex Butler said:

Who is the Arrieta guy and what has he ever done lol!! Of course they is more BS than normal coming out of CS since Schloss upgraded. He’s mean, he doesn’t care, he’s not a players coach, blah blah blah. If that were so true then they wouldn’t be so butt hurt and glad to be rid him. The more hurt they are the more he clearly meant to them and their program. 

I had the opportunity to play for Gus. Heard much the same about him. Trust me, a great Coach. Tough but fair if you did your job.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

DBAP = don’t be a p…..

Mom doesn't wear that glove. He does. Think he expressed it very well