4-star LB Riley Pettijohn to announce decision July 6

7 hours ago, GoHorns1 said:

Texas needs to breakout the big checkbook. Recruits are making business decisions that’s for their family.

The cool thing is that if you care about Riley Pettijohn and other recruitments, you can break out your own checkbook and add to the TEXAS checkbook -

https://www.texasonefund.org

• Hook 'Em 4

Early Pettijohn predictions were at least 8 and all for TX.

Top 3 Cali LBs likely leaving the state, ND?, A&M and O. USC only got a tweener S/LB so far. USC is LB desperate. New USC DC Lynn has made Riley a top priority.

Now some USC reports and rumors. So far, I've only seen 1 switch from TX to USC, Brandon Holland of Rivals on 7/1. I'm now concerned USC made a move up.

TX over USC in the end?  USC HC Riley is known for having subpar defenses. USC didn't have a good D last season. USC fired their DC. USC hasn't had a LB drafted since 2019. Riskier for LBs to got to Riley and USC compared to TX. We had a better D than USC last year and should have a better D going forward. We are developing LBs well. TX had multiple LBs drafted recently, DeMo and Ford. More to come. We soon lose Gbenda, Blackwell and Hill if he leaves early for the NFL. We only took 1 developmental LB last year so early playing time is a good possibility at TX for Barnes and Pettijohn or Faraimo. TX is the better choice for LBs. 

I've seen multiple Faraimo to ND predictions after his ND OV without any predictions for TX.  Hope we get in state Pettijohn July 6 because I surmise Faraimo OOS will be harder to sway. 

TX needs to add either Pettijohn or Faraimo along with rock solid Barnes to have an elite LB class. I've seen highlights of all 3 LBs. While the 3 have their differences, I would be thrilled with 2 of those 3 LBs. Johnny Nansen is capable of winning out in the end. 🤘 

Haven't read or heard the latest. Need to catch up. Will be interested in learning any updates from Gerry and CJ on our LB recruiting.

1 hour ago, Jerky said:

Early Pettijohn predictions were at least 8 and all for TX.

Top 3 Cali LBs likely leaving the state, ND?, A&M and O. USC only got a tweener S/LB so far. USC is LB desperate. New USC DC Lynn has made Riley a top priority.

Now some USC reports and rumors. So far, I've only seen 1 switch from TX to USC, Brandon Holland of Rivals on 7/1. I'm now concerned USC made a move up.

TX over USC in the end?  USC HC Riley is known for having subpar defenses. USC didn't have a good D last season. USC fired their DC. USC hasn't had a LB drafted since 2019. Riskier for LBs to got to Riley and USC compared to TX. We had a better D than USC last year and should have a better D going forward. We are developing LBs well. TX had multiple LBs drafted recently, DeMo and Ford. More to come. We soon lose Gbenda, Blackwell and Hill if he leaves early for the NFL. We only took 1 developmental LB last year so early playing time is a good possibility at TX for Barnes and Pettijohn or Faraimo. TX is the better choice for LBs. 

I've seen multiple Faraimo to ND predictions after his ND OV without any predictions for TX.  Hope we get in state Pettijohn July 6 because I surmise Faraimo OOS will be harder to sway. 

TX needs to add either Pettijohn or Faraimo along with rock solid Barnes to have an elite LB class. I've seen highlights of all 3 LBs. While the 3 have their differences, I would be thrilled with 2 of those 3 LBs. Johnny Nansen is capable of winning out in the end. 🤘 

Haven't read or heard the latest. Need to catch up. Will be interested in learning any updates from Gerry and CJ on our LB recruiting.

I assumed this was an early "Hi" from Gerry but hasn't been trending that way it seems.