Football Schedule Breakdown

I think our schedule is interesting this year. There seems to be 4 games in that tier 1 of importance and toughness.

@ Michigan

Vs Oklahoma

Vs Georgia

@ Texas A&M

Other than those games, you'd hope/expect Texas to go 8-0

10-2 should be good enough to make the playoffs and have a chance to maybe play for the SEC Championship.

I like to break it down into 3 sections.

Section 1:

Vs Colorado state

@ Michigan

Vs UTSA

Vs ULM

Vs Mississippi State

I do believe Michigan will have an extremely elite defense, but there offense will take a lot fo figuring out, and week 2 is the perfect time to play them.

We need to go 4-1 at minimum in this stretch and 5-0 shouldn't be too much to expect.

Section 2:

Vs Oklahoma*

Vs Georgia

We have to split these games. I think it will be very very hard to win both in back to back weeks, but they absolutely have to win one.

Section 3:

@ Vanderbilt

Vs Florida

@ Arkansas

Vs Kentucky

@ Texas A&M

You could honestly make A&M its own section at the end and I wouldn't argue. That's how important that game is.

Texas has to go 4-0 in the games outside of Texas A&M in this stretch.

If Texas goes into the A&M game at 10-1, they would be basically a lock for the playoffs and in prime position to play for the SEC Championship.

In conclusion, I believe Texas needs to split Georgia/Oklahoma then also split Michigan/Texas A&M while going 8-0 in the other games. That puts us at 10-2 at worst.

• Hook 'Em 7

That's about how I see it too. Although I don't think the georgia game will go well if we lose in the cotton bowl. I like Texas's chances in Ann Arbor but of your critical 4, OU and A&M are the must win games imo.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/10/2024 at 2:25 PM, jonbailey said:

That's about how I see it too. Although I don't think the georgia game will go well if we lose in the cotton bowl. I like Texas's chances in Ann Arbor but of your critical 4, OU and A&M are the must win games imo.

💯

Must win ou & MaT

• Thanks 1