The state of CFB

5 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

All you should have to do for embed is to push enter AFTER the last part of the URL.

Leaving UCLA to be a pro coordinator would be shocking. 

Thanks I'll try that next time. Yeah that's a pretty big job to leave to go be a coordinator. You'd think that would be a big pay cut just not to have to deal with all the college stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Hookem777 said:

The problem with the signing day window is so many kids want to enroll early now so what's the solution? You could do it before the season like basketball but what happens if you absolutely tank the season? Basketball is easy because you have so few commits so you could just let them out of the NLI I guess. But football you have so many and with the way the coaching carousel is what do you do if you fire them? Even if you went back to just one signing day in February kids are gonna wanna enroll early so you are still going to have to recruit like ESD even if they don't sign but just enroll imo. I can't think of a decent solution for the signing day dilemma. 

The early signing period needs to be somewhere around the first ten days in August. The first portal window needs to open right after the Conference Championship Games and close when teams usually start preparing for Bowl games. Then another 10 day window after the National Championship game. The window for when a coach leaves needs to be reduced from 30 to 10 days

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

I agree with Chip Kelly.

One of the reasons we are where we are with the NCAA is that the NCAA cared more about the basketball tourney than anything else. 

In the NCAA’s defense the NCAa tournament pays their bills. They don’t get paid on bowls or playoffs. Even then the FBI tapes came out and The NCAA realized they could not come down on 70% of the top 10, because that would hurt their bottom line.  Another point is the schools themselves. The NCAA is incompetent, but a lot of schools don’t want to be policed. That makes the idea is the SEC and Big 10 splitting off debatable. Not to mention there are different business practices in the BIg 10 (and excluding OSU) compared to the SEC. Close your eyes and imagine Wisconsin and Ole Miss sitting down and trying to agree  on proper recruiting standards. To fix the issues you need an independent body that is fully funded. Good luck asking schools to divert money to a legitimate policing organization

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Baron said:

The early signing period needs to be somewhere around the first ten days in August. The first portal window needs to open right after the Conference Championship Games and close when teams usually start preparing for Bowl games. Then another 10 day window after the National Championship game. The window for when a coach leaves needs to be reduced from 30 to 10 days

That's not a bad idea, however the problem with August is that's when you are getting your practice in for fall ball. That to me might be worse than after the season. It would almost have to be the last week of July to not interfere with any important tasks imo. The portal time frame is a great idea imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasLonghorns said:

College football coaches are trying to get out. Seeing P5 coaches at good programs willing to leave and go be a coordinator in nfl is wild stuff. 

Absolutely wild. College football may truly be the NFL minor league now with the coaches like that leaving.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Hookem777 said:

That's not a bad idea, however the problem with August is that's when you are getting your practice in for fall ball. That to me might be worse than after the season. It would almost have to be the last week of July to not interfere with any important tasks imo. The portal time frame is a great idea imo.

That would be fine by me. That way the NCAA can do away with the dead period in July.

• Hook 'Em 2