Volleyball vs. Miami Sept 7

That was a disaster.

Texas won the first two sets, but lost the match.  Teams were tied 15 all in the fourth set, but Miami outscored us 25-14 the rest of the way.  Miami is undefeated so far this year, having beaten IU 3-1 last night, but this match was just awful.

Texas hit just .176 for the match and just .034 over the last two sets.  Swindle hit 1.000 by getting her one dump to fall in, but no other Texas player hit better than .300 (Ames 6 kills, 3 errors in 10 swings).  Texas either hit into blockers or hit long the last set and a half.   Skinner finished hitting just .103 (20 kills, 14 errors in 58 swings) and Wenaas .152.

Meanwhile, Texas had 0 blocks over the last two sets. 

Once again, Carlson was the primary setter early in the match, and we won two of the three sets in which she was the primary setter.  Swindle was used quite a bit as the setter in the fourth set.  Carlson was the setter in the fifth set.  

Elliott knows the game and his players 1000 times better than I do, but I just don't get why he wanted to change setters after we won the natty with Swindle as a freshman.

• Hook 'Em 3

Where is the killer instinct, seem like they were just going through the motions the last two sets.

I agree, I get you may want a experience backup setter, but now you have a mess with the setter that won you a championship getting passed over. You can tell she is not happy standing on the sidelines. Sometimes the portal is your friend,and sometimes it can be your nightmare.

Edited by David Latiolais