Volleyball vs. Houston Sept 11

bierce

I was tied up yesterday and couldn't report on this until watching a rerun today, but Texas swept Houston 25-19, 25-18, 25-20.  Swindle set the whole match.  Her first 7 sets resulted in 7 Texas kills.  Ames, Skinner, Rutherford, Rutherford again, Singletary, Wenaas from the back row, Skinner.  Houston isn't that good this year, but that was awesome to watch. 

Texas faltered a bit about 1/3 of the way into the first set, giving up 4 straight points, the last two on a hitting error by Ames (off antenna on the slide) and getting out of alignment on return of serve (Ames moved too quickly and crossed Wenaas before Houston player made contact with the serve.  Swindle then broke the string with a dump.

Texas won the last 5 points of the second set to break open a tight set. 

Texas hit .370, led by Rutherford hitting .579 (12 kills, 1 error, 19 swings). 

Will be interesting to see whether Swindle starts against Stanford Sunday. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, horns96 said:

For anyone that has tuned out with the early season losses, we're still ranked in top 10.  🤘

We lost to an unranked team in our opener and to two OOC teams in Austin to start last year 5-3.  I'm not worried about this team. 

I always thought we needed either to go back to Swindle or to give Carlson several matches to get the timing right with the hitters, and I always favored the former.

• Hook 'Em 3