Texas vs ULM Game Thread

24 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Arch just missed Blue for what would have been a 70-yard TD. Bet he wants that one back.

Yeahhhhhh. Arch might be amped up. 

Sark will get him right. He’s further along than Ewers was; but he’s got to throw some of these away. 

That ball to Blue was his 2nd worst throw all night (IMO). It was wide open and he juiced it. 

12 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Texas is allowing 3.3 yards per rush by the way. That's solid.

Texas is ripping off 3.4 yards per rush by the way. That sucks.

(18 carries, 61 yards - Blue 15 for 66 yards, Gibson 2 for -1, Arch 1 for -4)

What's going on with our run game? I understand it against Michigan but at some point soon we have to run the ball better, no?

Edited by ArizonaLonghorn

5 minutes ago, ArizonaLonghorn said:

What's going on with our run game? I understand it against Michigan but at some point soon we have to run the ball better, no?

Our backs largely only get what's blocked for them. Baxter was a huge loss. I don't think the OL is quite playing to their ceiling yet either.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ArizonaLonghorn said:

(Quoting myself) - Boom, the first three runs after halftime Blue goes for 38 yards.

I'm glad the coaches take time to read these message boards at the half and figure out where the problems are (lol).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, MarkInAustin said:

For the first time I notice a specific drop off - when both Gbenda and Hill are out.  They are better at run containment than their subs, although Lefau and Mo are pretty good.

Or so I think.

I agree.

• Hook 'Em 3

I may get crap for this, but I think the offense was pretty average tonight. Maybe even below average. The run game struggled but has picked it up in the second half. The passing game has been pretty flat since the close of the first half. A bit of a disappointing performance. The defense has been fantastic. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Deadhead_Horn said:

I may get crap for this, but I think the offense was pretty average tonight. Maybe even below average. The run game struggled but has picked it up in the second half. The passing game has been pretty flat since the close of the first half. A bit of a disappointing performance. The defense has been fantastic. 

What did you expect for Arch first start