My CFB top 10 after week 5

5 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Here's one on Kalen DeBoer ... from the stats ... Blake Munroe passed along

30-3 as a Power 5/4 HC

6-0 combined vs. Dan Lanning, Steve Sarkisian and Kirby Smart. He won't always be undefeated against Kirby and Sark, but a wild stat to start his P5/4 HC career

What did Alabama do to deserve Bear, Saban, & now (up to this point) a generational winner in DeBoer?? 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Don't disagree from a singular game standpoint because it was on the road. Michigan is legit on defense, and will be so long as their offense gives enough hope. The Wolverines should be an 8-4/9-3 level team if they don't have internal issues as the season moves along.  

I got Michigan at 11 - 2 and in the playoffs 

11 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I hear that for sure. Bama had those three TO's against USF that kept it close, then turned on the afterburners. 

I just can't have Texas 1 after Saturday. Mississippi State is a very bad football team. Like 2-10/3-9 bad. Arizona State rushed for about 300 yards on them. Toledo (23-28), Florida (26-28) and Texas (26-31) have completed 87% of passes on the Bulldogs the last three weeks. Mississippi State is really bad in pass pro, started a true freshman in his first game ... and Texas has to stop turning the ball over - they essentially had three Saturday counting a dropped TD pass by Cook on 3rd down. Texas got beat deep a few times too, but State can't really take advantage (one the WR lost ball looking back into the sun). Couldn't get off the field in the first half defensively. Wins are wins, but that was a bad game Saturday IMO. 

But, Alabama could go do the same next week too. We shall see. 

Lots of similarities between our win v Miss State and Bama’s win against USF. 

Texas just gotta keep winning and we can settle true #1 in Atlanta 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, thatdude2 said:

I got Michigan at 11 - 2 and in the playoffs 

Will be interesting. Michigan has four road games, and three are currently ranked. Can they score enough points away from home? And they still have Oregon at home. 

That would be truly impressive if Michigan goes 10-2 in the regular season with one of the worst passing game offenses in CFB this year.