Recruiting News vs Mississippi State

Hadn't seen anything posted yet and I know it's early but has anyone heard any recruiting news coming out of last night's game? Just wondering what recruits were thinking and saying after a slow start but a better finish. Just hope we didn't sour anyone last night. A win is a win I know but sometimes when you get hyped about seeing or experiencing something and it doesn't live up to expectations you can walk away with a different view of things. I just hope that didn't happen yesterday. HOOK 'EM 🤘 🤘 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

I hope Kevin Wynn flips to Texas.  FSU got dominated last night in Dallas against SMU.  FSU gave up 226 yards rushing.

Just a matter of when Kevin Wynn decommits. The question is where he flips to. (Texas or Georgia)

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Just a matter of when Kevin Wynn decommits. The question is where he flips to. (Texas or Georgia)

I say he flips to Texas if he decommits from FSU.  I know Georgia is much closer to home and there are a lot of fans complaining about Texas' interior DL, but UGA's DL looked much worse than any game Texas has played this season last night against Bama.  But I also understand croots don't view this from the same perspective fans do.  They look at other factors (i.e., playing time, NIL $$$, relationship with the coaching staff, how far or close to home they want to stay) besides just wins and losses and box scores.

Makes these next two weeks against OU and UGA critical for Texas to finish strong in crooting not just DL, but the cycle as a whole.

Edited by qaertyisthatdude
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TooBrokeToPayAttention21 said:

Hadn't seen anything posted yet and I know it's early but has anyone heard any recruiting news coming out of last night's game? Just wondering what recruits were thinking and saying after a slow start but a better finish. Just hope we didn't sour anyone last night. A win is a win I know but sometimes when you get hyped about seeing or experiencing something and it doesn't live up to expectations you can walk away with a different view of things. I just hope that didn't happen yesterday. HOOK 'EM 🤘 🤘 

Didn't sour anyone last night that I would expect, or heard.

Texas is lining up for the UGA game in recruiting. Mississippi State didn't have very many top targets in attendance that weren't already committed.

The UGA vs. Bama game was where the targets were at Saturday: Joseph Mbatchou, Dijon Lee, Tyler Atkinson, etc...

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Didn't sour anyone last night that I would expect, or heard.

Texas is lining up for the UGA game in recruiting. Mississippi State didn't have very many top targets in attendance that weren't already committed.

The UGA vs. Bama game was where the targets were at Saturday: Joseph Mbatchou, Dijon Lee, Tyler Atkinson, etc...

The recruits hosted by Bama were treated to a momentum swing or three that was pretty special. Tide  fans went from ecstasy to depression and back to ecstasy.

Nothing the Longhorns can do about it except play well at home against Georgia and showcase the University and the Football Program.