Steve Sarkisian Monday Press Conference (OU Week)

• Moderators

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian is back speaking with media Monday morning ahead of the Oklahoma game this weekend in Dallas.

We should be able to get an update on QB Quinn Ewers as well as some other Longhorns who have been dinged up here over the last few weeks.

Texas is back to No. 1 in the country this week after Alabama was upset by Vanderbilt.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

On the OL: Sarkisian says the staff has learned plenty of lessons over the years. Points to continuity and experience on the OL that is going to be very important for the Longhorns.

Sarkisian says Cam Williams has grown exponentially this season as well.

OU's front seven is "very active." and BV puts them in great positions to make plays.

• Hook 'Em 7

• Moderators

On Venables: He is a tremendous defensive coach.

Sarkisian says he knows OU will have a good defensive game plan with two weeks to prepare.

"What's on tape, might not be what we are going to get."

• Hook 'Em 6

• Moderators

Sarkisian says it has been very beneficial for the Longhorns to play a lot of players and show off that depth.

Mentioned Jaylan Ford played every snap so far this year. Now, Texas is five-deep on the LB front this year with an ability to provide extra looks and fronts.

• Hook 'Em 6

• Moderators

I asked Sarkisian about the OU playmakers and the injuries they have been dealing with so far. He says OU has done a great job recruiting to find a consistent level of playmaker from top to bottom. They recruit for explosive playmaking on the outside.

The challenge for Texas will be to stop the run, stop the QB run and limit explosive plays in the passing game to the outside. A large part of that will be to confuse Hawkins.

• Hook 'Em 7

• Moderators

Sarkisian was asked about finding extra motivation from OU players creating t-shirts after the win last year in Dallas.

"What other people think about us is kind of irrelevant at this point."

Sarkisian says it won't take much from him to get his team fired up on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 9

14 minutes ago, MarkInAustin said:

Some of us would prefer Wisner get the most snaps.  He seems to be a tougher and more adept RB than Blue to me and to others here who have expressed similar opinions.  

Do you have a clue as to the staff's thinking?

I still like Wisner to come in as a complement to Blue if he’s healthy just because of how dynamic he can be in the pass game. I know it hasn’t materialized flawlessly so far but I think the quick pass game will be utilized by Sark much like in the Michigan game. Then once the defense gets thinking more East-west then you bring in Wisner to run it down their throats.

• Hook 'Em 1