Other College Games Thread: Week 7

20 minutes ago, goattalk100 said:

It’s us & Ohio St. Everybody looking like frauds this year. 

As good as Texas has looked, I think there are major questions marks and liabilities that need to be ironed out. Havent faced a real QB yet 6 games in which is concerning. Running game is still being identified with the lack of a true three down back with Baxter out.

3 minutes ago, DanielOnorato said:

As good as Texas has looked, I think there are major questions marks and liabilities that need to be ironed out. Havent faced a real QB yet 6 games in which is concerning. Running game is still being identified with the lack of a true three down back with Baxter out.

You're really going to blame Texas for the schedule?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DanielOnorato said:

And yet, we’re still dominating teams. We have a very complete team. There are no perfect teams this year. You have to remember, we’ve dominated teams without showing a whole ton on offense & defense yet. Sark still has plenty in the chamber for the better teams. There’s always room for improvement but it’s hard to say this isn’t an elite team at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

You're really going to blame Texas for the schedule?

Is that what I was doing or is making an honest evaluation of the level of talent that we've played versus what's coming down the pipeline actually being reasonable?

Davis warren, Michael Hawkins ? Two top 25 wins and I don't understand why either of those guys are starting at their respective programs. 

4 minutes ago, DanielOnorato said:

Is that what I was doing or is making an honest evaluation of the level of talent that we've played versus what's coming down the pipeline actually being reasonable?

Davis warren, Michael Hawkins ? Two top 25 wins and I don't understand why either of those guys are starting at their respective programs. 

You're not wrong, but we can only play what's in front of us, and we have dominated what we've played against.  If we beat Gorgia next week, that should quell the talk about not having played anyone yet.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, bourbasted said:

You're not wrong, but we can only play what's in front of us, and we have dominated what we've played against.  If we beat Gorgia next week, that should quell the talk about not having played anyone yet.

Absolutely. I think Texas is the best team in the nation but need to play a lot better than today to prove that.

Nice win, a lot to learn from. They have been very good against what's in front of them, just need a little better execution to win it all imo.

Fumble issues are still a worry. I feel more confident in the defense than in the offense which is not what I had anticipated coming into the year. Both are elite but the pass rushing is such a breath of fresh air allowing such a diverse attack from Nansen and PK. 

1 minute ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Spitting on somebody is disgusting as hell. I am glad the refs caught that and ejected him.

What the hell was he thinking?? He even kind of laughed after he did it too. Insane.

Edited by goattalk100