Points Per Drive Update Entering Week 8

• Moderators

I wanted to provide an update at the Points Per Drive chart for SEC teams through week seven.

Of course, Texas and Georgia headline the weekend's slate, but Tennessee and Alabama provide a heck of a ballgame to look forward to as well.

SECPPD24copy.thumb.jpg.179cdc3ce295e585fcb36d17fdd118e1.jpg

Some key takeaways:

– Oklahoma has the worst offense in the SEC.

– Miss State has a bottom five offense in the conference and just dropped 31 on Georgia in Athens.

– Tennessee and Alabama have dramatically come back down to earth in this graphic.

– Starting to see true tiers start to take form. Texas up top, then Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss in the next tier and Georgia, LSU, and Missouri shortly behind.

– Kentucky, Arkansas and Texas A&M are all going to be very tough games for the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 7

CJ, do you think the defense that Georgia played against Miss St was a one-game anomaly or is a greater sign of the defensive decline for the bulldogs? I find it hard to believe that UGA will be that undisciplined against Texas

• Moderators
1 minute ago, HornsRUs said:

CJ, do you think the defense that Georgia played against Miss St was a one-game anomaly or is a greater sign of the defensive decline for the bulldogs? I find it hard to believe that UGA will be that undisciplined against Texas

A couple things that stem beyond just the defense:

Georgia's suffocating defense has not been evident this year. 40+ points to Alabama, 320+ yards to Auburn, 30+ points to Mississippi State. Teams are finding success on the ground against UGA. The Bulldogs only rank 45th in the country in rush defense – allowing 120.6 yards per game so far.

I think it's a talented Georgia team, but it is not the 2021-2023 teams from a talent perspective.

Offensively, point to the Kentucky game and the 1H vs. Alabama, those UGA offenses were really bad and it stemmed from lack of protection and quarterback play.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Georgia's suffocating defense has not been evident this year. 40+ points to Alabama, 320+ yards to Auburn, 30+ points to Mississippi State. Teams are finding success on the ground against UGA. The Bulldogs only rank 45th in the country in rush defense – allowing 120.6 yards per game so far.

I think it's a talented Georgia team, but it is not the 2021-2023 teams from a talent perspective.

Offensively, point to the Kentucky game and the 1H vs. Alabama, those UGA offenses were really bad and it stemmed from lack of protection and quarterback play.

I definitely think Georgia's defense will look better than it did against Miss. St. (remember we didn't look great against them offensively). They're going to bring pressure against Quinn that they couldn't do against Bama since Milroe was a running threat. As everyone has said repeatedly, this game is going to be won on the line of scrimmage. If pass pro for us holds up, I really have a hard time thinking they can hold us back. 

If we win on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, I really have a hard time thinking we don't win this one by two scores. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Chop said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. I have never seen a game where Carson Beck plays and I’m like. He’s a top QB in the draft. Am I missing something?

He’s accurate and decisive. I really like Beck as a QB prospect. Though to me it’s the surrounding cast that has yet to live up to hype 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

These are great data points! You’ve been spot on all season regarding game predictions so I’ll be waiting on your score prediction on this one, no pressure!

• Hook 'Em 1