When Texas Loses...

thatdude2

My name is Chris Jackson (no not that Chris Jackson, but some former players and people I know refer to me as Coach Jackson), and I gladly admit to sipping the finest of Burnt Orange Kool Aid. I've read comments on different platforms this week, and I am surprised by the overwhelming belief that Texas dominates Georgia this weekend. We're talking about a Georgia team that is still ranked as the 5th best team in the nation. A Georgia team that has the 3rd best odds to win the national championship according to some intelligent software analytical systems out there. A Georgia team that has already played a game against a top 10 team in the nation on the road at night. A team that was down to that same top 10 team at the half 30 - 7. This Georgia team proceeded to storm all the way back in the 4th quarter to take a 34 - 33 lead with two minutes and thirty-one seconds left in the game. Only to have that lead taken from them 13 seconds later at the hands of a quarterback from Texas and a 17 year old wide receiver. So, how can a team with one of the best head coaches in the nation, one of the top quarterbacks to become selected in the next NFL draft, a bevy of NFL talent players on their roster, with their backs against the wall and desperate for a victory; come into Austin, Texas on Saturday Night as underdogs?

Well, at 41 years old, I stopped believing in fairy tales a long time ago. I'm here to tell you, all of you, what is real and true. The belief about this team and what we are all witnessing in watching this Texas team is true. Sure questions have been asked and will continue to arise about the defense being tested by a really good offense, and if Quinn is the top quarterback in college football (he is), let alone on his own team (He is Thurman Thomas, and Arch is Barry Sanders, but I digress for now). When Texas loses there will be many fans across the country rejoicing because their fear of what Texas is will be quelled for one Saturday. However, that will not be this Saturday. Texas 41 - Georgia 20. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Texas wins every game this year by double digits, and when we look back at this season, we will talk about this Texas team being one of the most dominant teams of all time.

Hook Em \,,/

Sipper of the finest of Burnt Orange Kool Aid

• Hook 'Em 13

Whew!  I started three different 'Nah-ah' responses as I read your post, then got to the end and thought, 'We're the same, you and me!'  Gerry is spot on.  If both teams play their best football (and I genuinely hope they do), Texas wins by double digits.  With Georgia's extra-curricular activities, injuries, etc., I truly believe our ceiling is considerably higher than theirs.  Having trolled a few UGA sites this week, their fan base feels the same in many cases.  Their team won't have given up, but their fans are seemingly conceding the game.  Crazy times!

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, thatdude2 said:

My name is Chris Jackson (no not that Chris Jackson, but some former players and people I know refer to me as Coach Jackson), and I gladly admit to sipping the finest of Burnt Orange Kool Aid. I've read comments on different platforms this week, and I am surprised by the overwhelming belief that Texas dominates Georgia this weekend. We're talking about a Georgia team that is still ranked as the 5th best team in the nation. A Georgia team that has the 3rd best odds to win the national championship according to some intelligent software analytical systems out there. A Georgia team that has already played a game against a top 10 team in the nation on the road at night. A team that was down to that same top 10 team at the half 30 - 7. This Georgia team proceeded to storm all the way back in the 4th quarter to take a 34 - 33 lead with two minutes and thirty-one seconds left in the game. Only to have that lead taken from them 13 seconds later at the hands of a quarterback from Texas and a 17 year old wide receiver. So, how can a team with one of the best head coaches in the nation, one of the top quarterbacks to become selected in the next NFL draft, a bevy of NFL talent players on their roster, with their backs against the wall and desperate for a victory; come into Austin, Texas on Saturday Night as underdogs?

Well, at 41 years old, I stopped believing in fairy tales a long time ago. I'm here to tell you, all of you, what is real and true. The belief about this team and what we are all witnessing in watching this Texas team is true. Sure questions have been asked and will continue to arise about the defense being tested by a really good offense, and if Quinn is the top quarterback in college football (he is), let alone on his own team (He is Thurman Thomas, and Arch is Barry Sanders, but I digress for now). When Texas loses there will be many fans across the country rejoicing because their fear of what Texas is will be quelled for one Saturday. However, that will not be this Saturday. Texas 41 - Georgia 20. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Texas wins every game this year by double digits, and when we look back at this season, we will talk about this Texas team being one of the most dominant teams of all time.

Hook Em \,,/

Sipper of the finest of Burnt Orange Kool Aid

ill have what he's having please 

• Hook 'Em 1

Georgia is loaded with talent and a really good team so this could just be a speed bump. That said, they clearly aren't as good as they were. This is now two years in a row that Georgia hasn't lived up to the recruiting rankings. Which raises questions about Kirby Smart. Only a handful of coaches managed to be top 5 for an extended period. Bobby Bowden and Tom Osborne were really good for a generation, but had 3-5 years where they were the absolute best. Guys like Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer had shorter stretches of dominance before flaming out. Bob Stoops won it all in year 2 and couldn't carry his bag of dicks to the mountain top again. Outside of Saban, history suggests Smart's best years may already be behind him. There's no time like the present to begin the next phase of his career as an "also ran."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1