most interesting recruiting year ever?

with all the talent coming in on unofficial and official visits, i've started to think this could be one of the most interesting recruiting years ever.  it seems like there is an abundance of talent options at every position... and though there are some clear leans / obvious fits to texas, there are so many possibilities with the OOS interest in texas.... moreso than in previous years given the OOS interest.  examples:

QB - lacey seems in then less in, and then in again...  keelon russell coming in for a visit as plan B or plan 1b??  pretty good qb in his own right.. 247 ranks him higher than lacey

WR - we want DKM, and k johnson seems close to a lock at this point.  we are in decent shape with lockett, marsh, Harris.. french coming in for a visit

TE - winston in.. seems like tea leaves indicating townsend more likely than armstrong whether that is more due to player interest or coaches interest i'm not sure.  national te cure coming in for visit.  who would we take if all want in?

OL seems like fasusi is the big time target.. have we just given up on haywood (no interest or not a fit), rogers not really on the radar, we've lost fodji to OU but his teammate newman is a possibility.  mills seems like a decent bet to be in the class, though same could be said about jackson christian and tyler thomas if we push.  then all the other OOS prospects that are longshots like brooks from iowa and the georgia guys, but with flood's resume i wouldn't count anyone out unless they are a top OL from the southeast that georgia wants. 

LB - williams is in. pettijohn and barnes seem like takes all day.. we are getting matai togoa'i in for an official visit.. who knows with nansen as the LB coach, cunningham is a great player.  

DT - brown is basically uncommitted to me, but hopefully we can solidify him on his upcoming trips.  too many offers to name and the rankings seem to be worthless this cycle at this position.  

unfortunately, all this talent that we can't get means tamu and ou will be getting studs in a year where we should be pulling more ahead... but it seems like we are destined for another top end class

• Hook 'Em 2

Once NIL kicks in I feel like Texas will already be ahead of the game. A lot of people like to forget.....there's just the same amount of $$$$ in Austin as there is in College Station. I hate to hear Aggies say "we have the most $$" in D1 blah blah blah....