Recruiting DL seems tough for Texas

We seem to be struggling in recruiting Zero to 3 techs more than any other position on the team, right?  How can we change this to a positive recruiting strength? 

Edge seems to be coming around LB will come around. However the Big Humans in the center of the DL are not leaving home and running to the 40 acres. Even with Murphy and Sweat in the news it does seem like we are getting the opportunities. It does seem like we are taking a big chance by not hiring a BIG name coach. Please express your thoughts on how we get the next Shaun Rogers or All-pro DL at this positions. Horns up 🤘

On 3/14/2024 at 10:59 AM, taxsaver said:

We had people in November of 2021 calling for Flood's head.  How did that turn out?  We're in MARCH

That was the first year, this is year 3 of the same issue. Worth discussing imo

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/14/2024 at 9:51 AM, Horns 7 said:

We seem to be struggling in recruiting Zero to 3 techs more than any other position on the team, right?  How can we change this to a positive recruiting strength? 

Edge seems to be coming around LB will come around. However the Big Humans in the center of the DL are not leaving home and running to the 40 acres. Even with Murphy and Sweat in the news it does seem like we are getting the opportunities. It does seem like we are taking a big chance by not hiring a BIG name coach. Please express your thoughts on how we get the next Shaun Rogers or All-pro DL at this positions. Horns up 🤘

I've asked that question on multiple sites and the mods their really haven't been able to give an answer. I get it's hard to pull the top guys out of SEC with Bama and Georgia who they were, however when Hicks grew up a Longhorn fan and it was said he was down on the Longhorns due to us not winning, only to go to A&M after having a 5-7 season and us 8-4, made no sense to me. 

I like they got a NFL coach to a point, but it was limited NFL experience and limited college experience too. We will see if that pays off this year. Like one poster said it's March so he has time to show us what he has imo.