NCAA Tournament thread: Texas vs. Colorado State

I don't think either team matches up well against Texas. CSU doesn't have the size to bother Abmas, and if Hunter decides he wants to play defense, he can limit Stevens for CSU.

Virginia just doesn't have the offensive talent to match Texas. They are one of the worst 10-0 run teams in the NCAAT, Texas is one of the most streakiest.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

I don't think either team matches up well against Texas. CSU doesn't have the size to bother Abmas, and if Hunter decides he wants to play defense, he can limit Stevens for CSU.

Virginia just doesn't have the offensive talent to match Texas. They are one of the worst 10-0 run teams in the NCAAT, Texas is one of the most streakiest.

Agree 100%. If Texas plays well, they win Thursday.

• Hook 'Em 1

CSU reminds me of a more unathletic version of OU. They like to have their bigs run to the rim off the pnr, but they also turn the ball over a lot.

I don't think Virginia scores 50 against air in their practice.

Edited by Neil Leininger
  • Haha 1

• Gerry Hamilton changed the title to NCAA Tournament thread: Texas vs. Colorado State

I just wanna see Rick Barnes & RT go at it. Obviously RT was on Barnes coaching staff back in the day. I feel like Texas will give Tennessee a run for it's $$$. But like Gerry said....Tyrese Hunter has gotta put up 15-17 PTS every game I'd say at least if we want a shot at making any kind of noise. HOOK'em!!!!!

I thought UVa's slow and deliberate offense would frustrate Texas with a loss. With Colorado St. winning I changed my bracket to Texas winning in the first round. Texas can out athlete CSU.

1 hour ago, Hookem97 said:

I just wanna see Rick Barnes & RT go at it. Obviously RT was on Barnes coaching staff back in the day. I feel like Texas will give Tennessee a run for it's $$$. But like Gerry said....Tyrese Hunter has gotta put up 15-17 PTS every game I'd say at least if we want a shot at making any kind of noise. HOOK'em!!!!!

RT, Frank Haith and Chris Ogden were on Rick Barnes staff at Texas. Ogden also coached 1 year at Tennessee under Rick.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Baron said:

I thought UVa's slow and deliberate offense would frustrate Texas with a loss. With Colorado St. winning I changed my bracket to Texas winning in the first round. Texas can out athlete CSU.

I agreed with that too ... until watching UVA last night. Gosh, they just have zero low block scoring ability and not great rim protection. 

Texas is better than Colorado State, let's just hope they are Thursday night!

• Hook 'Em 1