Not good ... NBA player under investigation (gambling)

How hard is it for these guys or leagues to just say, no gambling at all on any sport. Just too easy to owe bad actors money and then that is when things get dicey. I also think that there is no way Ohtani wasn't making some if not all those bets. No bookie is floating a low-level interperter $7M in credit.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Neil Leininger said:

How hard is it for these guys or leagues to just say, no gambling at all on any sport. Just too easy to owe bad actors money and then that is when things get dicey. I also think that there is no way Ohtani wasn't making some if not all those bets. No bookie is floating a low-level interperter $7M in credit.

Same

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, horns96 said:

I know it's not the popular opinion, but the normalization of sports betting is bewildering to me and not good for much of anyone other than the corporations making money.

Agree 100%. It makes me very suspicious of things I have noticed this year ... much moreso than before. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, horns96 said:

I know it's not the popular opinion, but the normalization of sports betting is bewildering to me and not good for much of anyone other than the corporations making money.

I thought hell would freeze over before the NFL had the Super Bowl in Las Vegas.

I thought hell would freeze over before the NFL would have a team in Las Vegas.

ESPN is building its go-forward business plan on sports betting.

I like playing poker in Las Vegas - but, I prefer playing poker with friends at their homes.  I do not enjoy betting on sports.

Gambling is a bad thing.  All of this will not end well... IMO.

Edited by TrueRock
  • Hook 'Em 1