Interesting Early 2025 Mock Draft Notes

Bleacher Report has posted their early NFL mock draft for 2025. A couple of interesting projections in the 1st round.

1. Kelvin Banks lands at #4 overall.

2. Quinn Ewers is not in the 1st round.

3. Tacario Davis at #12.

4. Banks is the only currently rostered Longhorn in the 1st round.

I disagree with a lot of these current projections, of course with the most egregious one with no Quinn in the 1st round. Having Shedeur Sanders, Carson Beck & Noah Fifita above him right now is bold. I’m also not sure if Tacario Davis is a top 15 pick next year, but it shows the level of talent he is. A fun exercise & some food for thought, link below.⬇️ 

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/567086-nfl-mock-draft-top-10-recap

20 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

I’d be surprised if Ewers isn’t drafted in the 1st Rd. Especially given the blitz (no pun intended) that took place in the ‘24 draft. 

Agreed. I think barring injury Quinn will have a monster year.

20 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

Bleacher Report has posted their early NFL mock draft for 2025. A couple of interesting projections in the 1st round.

3. Tacario Davis at #12.

I disagree with a lot of these current projections, of course with the most egregious one with no Quinn in the 1st round. Having Shedeur Sanders, Carson Beck & Noah Fifita above him right now is bold. I’m also not sure if Tacario Davis is a top 15 pick next year, but it shows the level of talent he is. A fun exercise & some food for thought, link below.⬇️ 

Dane Brugler of the Athletic had Banks (6th), Quinn (14th) and Bond (24th) in his mock

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack Dart said:

Dane Brugler of the Athletic had Banks (6th), Quinn (14th) and Bond (24th) in his mock

I think that’s much more realistic at this point. Given the season we’re expected to have, those projections would check out much more with a CFP run

3 hours ago, Class of 04 said:

Bleacher Report is not sports journalism anymore, it's nothing but a click bait blog.  So many of their takes are so far removed from reality it's laughable.

It gets worse every month smh.

3 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

Just don’t let Ewers go to Dallas…I’m holding out hope they draft Manning in 3-4 years.

Can you imagine the jerseys Jerry would sell with a Manning on the back of it?

If Dak doesn’t get a new deal then they could potentially look at qb next year. Gonna be interesting to see the approach because I don’t think they would be able to get a top 3 qb if they’re picking in the 20s.

2 hours ago, cmk4pres said:

So stupid. If nix, Penix and McCarthy go top 12 so Weill Ewers 

Exactly. It really depends on how many qb needy teams there will be next year. The hope is Quinn balls out & plays so well, a la Joe Burrow’s final year, then he will be the number 1 pick regardless.

1 hour ago, goattalk100 said:

If Dak doesn’t get a new deal then they could potentially look at qb next year. Gonna be interesting to see the approach because I don’t think they would be able to get a top 3 qb if they’re picking in the 20s.

I’m not sure Dallas knows what Dallas will do. Haven’t won in 30 years….

On 4/30/2024 at 12:47 PM, goattalk100 said:

3. Tacario Davis at #12.

DJ Campbell is going to have a monster year and get drafted in the first round.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WestlakeLonghorn said:

DJ Campbell is going to have a monster year and get drafted in the first round.  

That’s a bold take but I’m not mad at it. The only thing that could potentially hurt this take is interior lineman are not always prioritized the same way as tackles are