I just finished breakfast with my brother and his wife. They rode the motorcycle down to the Valley for a friend’s birthday party. My wife and I have our grandson for the day and now to top off a great day, we get a “Hi” from Gerry. It is great to be a Longhorn. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jlcollins519 said:

It’s my birthday today and we get a commitment. Couldn’t ask for anything more. Hook’em. 

Happy birthday ! 
It’s my nephew’s birthday as well 

Edited by Shane
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, GetHooked said:

Gerry,  A "Hi" that doesn't happen the same day is BS.  Please don't do that.  It's annoying.  

I can’t control when someone goes public. I can only keep you guys updated on when some commitments happen!

• Hook 'Em 33
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, GetHooked said:

Gerry,  A "Hi" that doesn't happen the same day is BS.  Please don't do that.  It's annoying.  

Not even half way through the day 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Glass Joe said:

Simple Simon says the commit will be….🤔

A football player. Maybe basketball. Please send your super chat money to me.  Thank you in advance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

I’ll believe that when we have a class with a 100% hit rate. 

Pretty weird way to view this. Cause then we don’t truly don’t what “somebody of substance” is because we don’t know who will be a hit or miss. No matter what their rating is, getting a player that the coaching staff wants is a good thing. Jaylan Ford was the worst ranked player in his class.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

I’ll believe that when we have a class with a 100% hit rate. 

Actually, you don't want that.  It means you are only pursuing low-hanging fruit.

It used to gall the piss out of me when Mack would say, "we offered 24 players and 21 of them said yes".

I knew we were going to suck if we didn't have a "retired jersey" quarterback with that approach.