πŸ₯ŽπŸ₯ŽπŸ₯Ž Women’s CWS Thread - No. 1 Longhorns vs. No. 2 Sooners πŸ₯ŽπŸ₯ŽπŸ₯Ž

2 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

So Oklahoma vs UCLA (who Texas took to the woodshed multiple times this season).Β 
Β 

Texas faces winner of Ok St/Florida. Hoping it’s Florida.Β 

How does that work I noticed if it’s 8-0 they stop it in the tournament but they beat ucla by 16 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β 

For those of you not in the Austin area, there's a is and excitement around Texas that I don't think I've experienced in my lifetime. The crazy part is that it's not just around the football team. I watched the game at Cheba Hut if your not familiar with that restaurant let's just say it's a sub restaurant with a real hippie vibe, not the crowd you'd expect to see watching a softball game. That restaurant was full of Burnt Orange, luckily I got there early enough to get a seat at the bar, because every strikeout Kavan tossed some guy was buying our crowd beers. I'm only 165 so yeah I'm a little tipsy πŸ€ͺΒ 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

For those of you not in the Austin area, there's a is and excitement around Texas that I don't think I've experienced in my lifetime. The crazy part is that it's not just around the football team. I watched the game at Cheba Hut if your not familiar with that restaurant let's just say it's a sub restaurant with a real hippie vibe, not the crowd you'd expect to see watching a softball game. That restaurant was full of Burnt Orange, luckily I got there early enough to get a seat at the bar, because every strikeout Kavan tossed some guy was buying our crowd beers. I'm only 165 so yeah I'm a little tipsy πŸ€ͺΒ 

That’s sounds awesome πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel Lovell said:

How does that work I noticed if it’s 8-0 they stop it in the tournament but they beat ucla by 16 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β 

Run rule, if a team is winning by 8 runs after 5 innings the game is called.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

What a performance by Kavan. 1st freshman ever to throw a shutout in WCWS.Β 

I believe she is the first TEXAS freshman to throw a shutout in the WCWS... not the first ever overall.Β  Although I admit I can't tell you for sure that's the case.Β  The graphic was specific to Texas history.

image.thumb.png.9576698aaba09b6e2a7e2187d355c822.png

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I believe she is the first TEXAS freshman to throw a shutout in the WCWS... not the first ever overall.Β  Although I admit I can't tell you for sure that's the case.Β  The graphic was specific to Texas history.

image.thumb.png.9576698aaba09b6e2a7e2187d355c822.png

I’m curious too, as the announcer said first freshman. The graphic said Texas freshman. I’ll find out.Β 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

So Oklahoma vs UCLA (who Texas took to the woodshed multiple times this season).Β 
Β 

Texas faces winner of Ok St/Florida. Hoping it’s Florida.Β 

Woot woot!

• Hook 'Em 3