2024 College Football Playoff Schedule Announced

• Moderators

The 2024-25 College Football Playoff game schedule has released.

The first round of games will air December 20–21 with three games happening on Saturday the 21st.

Then the playoff quarterfinals will move to the original New Years 6 bowl destinations – Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl.

This season's semifinals will occur at the Orange Bowl and Cotton Bowl. Potentially a game in Dallas for the Longhorns if they make the semifinal.

And of course, the National Championship in Atlanta this season on January 20th.

image_123650291.thumb.JPG.becc48ffa7af856d5af39a2d8a42de10.JPG

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Alex Butler said:

Amen Gerry, amen!! I’m sure the NFL doesn’t love this but personally I couldn’t care less lol!

Agreed, but I think this is the reason you fight for the smallest roster/scholarship reductions possible. The longer playoff season will put a premium on roster depth. Teams with the fewest injuries at key positions will make the final 4 or final 2. Alternatively, teams with the most quality backups make it into the finals.

• Hook 'Em 2

So top 4 conf champs automatically in quarterfinals?  Man the loser of the SEC champ game is gonna have a tough road.  Probably won't happen but championship games probably need to go away.  I think the benefit of an off week, vs. getting beat up would be worth it.  Plus getting a higher seed and hosting a game against non power 4 probably.  I'll take 11-1 with bye week and playing Liberty in Austin Dec 21..