Monday Baseball Update (4:20 PM)

If you didn’t see Schlossnagle’s postgame presser, you need to watch it and see his reaction to the very last question.  He was pissed about being asked about the Texas opening.  Called it a selfish question and seemed perturbed.  Got up and walked out.   It seems obvious that the hire will be him. 🤘🏻

Edited by Horns Wn
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Horns Wn said:

If you didn’t see Schlossnagle’s postgame presser, you need to watch it and see his reaction to the very last question.  He was pissed about being asked about the Texas opening.  Called it a selfish question and seemed perturbed.  Got up and walked out.   It seems obvious that the hire will be him. 🤘🏻

Bout to get a tad awkward 

Screenshot_20240624_221202_X.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4thandFive said:

Looking forward to C&F at 8:10 in the morning. 

OTF has been quiet tonight.

Ready as well, be up and already on the clock so hopefully they spill some beans a little . Maybe drop a list of guys they are thinking 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Horns Wn said:

Heard the reporter's name was Belakey Monrow. 

• Haha 9

Is the Schloss answer the latest “blue/white dress” test, as in you can hear any answer you want in it? 
Lots of people hearing a denial from him about leaving. 
I hear defensiveness about ruining his last moments with his team. Could’ve just said what a stupid question, no I’m not leaving. Instead it’s mostly a justification of his past actions and efforts, like he knows people are going to be questioning those things coming up. I could go on, but suffice to say I didn’t hear a denial.

What I don’t get.. if it is Schloss or Vitello as the guys have implied, how could they coach in that game with a contract signed elsewhere as Gerry keeps mentioning. Is “signed” a figure of speech rather than a hard fact? 

• Hook 'Em 1

And if it’s a “lifetime” contract as the guys have said then it’s not Vitello. He’s too young for that kind of comment (45 yrs). Not to mention he’s too much of a hot head to safely say that kind of thing about him at any school (except Tenn now).  
A 10 year deal takes Schloss to age 63.. that’s getting to the final years of coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hornito said:

And if it’s a “lifetime” contract as the guys have said then it’s not Vitello. He’s too young for that kind of comment (45 yrs). Not to mention he’s too much of a hot head to safely say that kind of thing about him at any school (except Tenn now).  
A 10 year deal takes Schloss to age 63.. that’s getting to the final years of coaching. 

Vitello is a good choice because of his age. At 45 Texas won’t be looking a new coach in 10 years.Love Vitello passion and intense personality 

Edited by GoHorns1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Oh I agree he’s a great coach and his age is part of what makes him attractive. I’m just saying I don’t think you’d use the term “lifetime contract” for someone that age. It’s too speculative cause he *could* end up not being a fit at Texas (imo). Until last night he didn’t have the NC feather in his cap. 
I just think Schloss is such a cultural fit and has secured extensions from CDC at TCU before that saying lifetime contract is an easy thing to project and say causally on the morning show today. Vitello is more of a home run hire that you say *should* work out. Schloss just makes more sense based on the clues is all I’m saying. Just a fun guessing game 

If it is supposed to come out Wednesday or Thursday from Texas then it wouldn’t surprise me if we start seeing from the aggies side first to help soften the blow. Don’t just let texas have a triumphant announcement out of the blue. 
If it’s Schloss today is the day Aggie bigwigs try to turn around the train and if they fail they figure out the messaging and a new plan. 
Im way too into this topic haha 😅 love this drama