Missing on the DTs

Everyone on this board needs to relax with the recent DTs we have missed on. Sark and company have always played the long game. Let’s recruit through the whistle and watch we will flip some of these DTs. This is the same version of when banks and Williams both flipped from Oregon. 

In Sark I trust!!! 

happy 4th and Hook’em 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Kaleb said:

Everyone on this board needs to relax with the recent DTs we have missed on. Sark and company have always played the long game. Let’s recruit through the whistle and watch we will flip some of these DTs. This is the same version of when banks and Williams both flipped from Oregon. 

In Sark I trust!!! 

happy 4th and Hook’em 

Gerry is this your burner acct? JOKE.

I agree with you completely Kaleb. December's signing day is forever away in the life a highschool senior.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Kaleb said:

In Sark I trust!!! 

happy 4th and Hook’em 

As Gerry has said, you don’t just start flipping folks, you need a chain of events to happen. Yes we flipped Banks and Williams, after their coach left. Yes we flipped Anthony Hill, they weren’t winning and their coach was all but fired. Yes we flipped Filsimie, they weren’t winning. Those are the chain of events Gerry is talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Sark and company have done well flipping players late, with that said it has not been in the DT recruits. We brought in three mid to mid high level lineman in the portal. We did loose out on the top portal lineman in the portal. Not that Williams is all that but supposedly the best in portal. I don’t believe we have flipped a DT recruit. Maybe I’m wrong. I say all this to say they do great recruiting through December. Just not in the area of DT.

12 minutes ago, K. Baughman said:

I think Sark and company have done well flipping players late, with that said it has not been in the DT recruits. We brought in three mid to mid high level lineman in the portal. We did loose out on the top portal lineman in the portal. Not that Williams is all that but supposedly the best in portal. I don’t believe we have flipped a DT recruit. Maybe I’m wrong. I say all this to say they do great recruiting through December. Just not in the area of DT.

hmmm...wait til you get a load of January and Bledsoe...THEN let's talk

While Sark has done well at signing day the string of misses is concerning.  It's as if Texas is playing from behind on the interior D Line and CB rooms continually.  If the Horns continue playing with fire sooner or later they will get burned.   You can't come back and win in every 4th quarter comeback.  Some of those statiscly you will loose.  It's just a matter of when.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think we all can agree that losing Bo hurt UT greatly with committed and non committed DL. IMO, if Sark had gotten a better known college coach (especially with years of experience coaching and recruiting in the South) to replace Bo we would have done better in recruiting this cycle. However, by going with Baker (who I believe will be as good or better than Bo) he was looking at the long game and will benefit UT greatly. Any thoughts? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Time will tell here.  I think Baker will either make or break in the next 2 years.  I'm willing to give him a fair shot to prove himself.  It however does not negate the misses on the Dline this year.  Further the misses in the DB room are still glaring and there just isn't any excuse there.  The same guys that were initially were hired are still there.  What say you?

• Hook 'Em 1

You guys make great points. It’s just frustrating as a fan to hear how big the brand is, most athletic revenue, top NIL revenue, but constantly lose at the area of concern. I get you can’t pay them all, but the world we live in now NIL is going to have to be used as leverage at certain times. Don’t brag about it use it to your advantage. Cowboys come to mind the brand and bragging rights as to how much they are worth overshadows product and results on the field. Hate that comparison, but quit bragging about your pull and use it on DT positions. We need to quit spinning it when it comes to DT we can’t get it done recently and a big part of the DT recruiting is not using your pull with NIL. It’s hard for other DT’s to complain about what the other one makes if you sign none. 

• Hook 'Em 2