Note on Dakorien Moore (3:15 pm CST)

Is it adapt ability? Is Sark refusing to come off his pay for play? Willing to take a top 20 maybe recruiting class and fad into obscurity again… getting those vibes. We should be grateful after last year which I am, but so much is wrong with recruiting after a year like that and a supposed great brand in Austin. There is always a, but don’t worry or try to flip them late, or the money was there, or they wanted to be somewhere more, or had a better relationship with whoever. Something is not cooking with recruits. Let’s try first figuring that out instead of excuses. So disappointing. Getting pantsed and shoved in a locker is getting old. Rant over maybe. Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, K. Baughman said:

Is it adapt ability? Is Sark refusing to come off his pay for play? Willing to take a top 20 maybe recruiting class and fad into obscurity again… getting those vibes. We should be grateful after last year which I am, but so much is wrong with recruiting after a year like that and a supposed great brand in Austin. There is always a, but don’t worry or try to flip them late, or the money was there, or they wanted to be somewhere more, or had a better relationship with whoever. Something is not cooking with recruits. Let’s try first figuring that out instead of excuses. So disappointing. Getting pantsed and shoved in a locker is getting old. Rant over maybe. Carry on.

Something is definitely off. Factoring in the staff has been here for four years, relationships should really be showing at this point, coming off a playoff appearance, the momentum should be noticeable. Something is amiss and it’s obvious to anyone paying attention and being honest with themselves. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Something is definitely off. Factoring in the staff has been here for four years, relationships should really be showing at this point, coming off a playoff appearance, the momentum should be noticeable. Something is amiss and it’s obvious to anyone paying attention and being honest with themselves. 

Couldn't have said it better, something is definitely amiss after what has transpired over the past week along with the addition of Fasusi, Anding & Pettijohn trending elsewhere. So much for a so called "big summer".

Edited by Randy Fistfighter
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Some of the takes on this thread are comical.  

First we have trolls galore and threads like this bring them out of their gay closet.  Second we have Negative Nancies of Doom Gloom Agony of Defeat and Despair and they are only happy when they are NOT happy.  Third we have real posters who are just disappointed at the result, but don't freak out over the entire program.

Back in 2020 we would have killed to be in the position we are in now.  Sark has put us in that position.  There are a handful of programs competing for the top players in the nation.  Texas, AL, tOSU, MI, LSU, USC, Floriduh State, and even, yes, aTm.  Every time a player chooses one of those programs, then the other programs lost out on him. 

That's just how this works.  And it will continue to work that way.  NIL changed everything and Sark and co decided not to set a precedent when the price got over a certain amount.  OR was going to outbid us no matter what because they are desperate and Texas has Quinn and Arch waiting in the wings.

We lost on DK...but we're not about to lose on many others.  We have a WR room that everyone else would kill for.  So in the end, we pushed Knight to pay more than "market value"...a very loose term, BTW, since DK has done ZERO at the college level.  

For my money I think this brings Kelshaun Johnson back as a possibility.  I like Hines.  I like Ffrench.  Lockett.  I bet we get 2 of those.  Knight ain't paying $1.3M for everybody.  

FWIW I wouldn't try to circle around and get DK later.  We rolled out the red carpet and he burned us.  That's just recruiting.  

God bless you all and Happy 4th of July!

Edited by Steven Schrader
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, K. Baughman said:

Where is all that NIL money going. I guess using as funds to collect interest somewhere. Not much being used this cycle for sure.

Drones shows and the SEC entrance celebration baby, you didn’t see the show? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

This pic and the quote says it all.  The quote directly supports what Jerry has been saying:  if he doesn't go to UT, it is because he just wants to be somewhere else, because every other factor made UT the smart and right choice.  But his quote is saying exactly that, he wanted to take a "different" "path" to build his own "legacy".  Was it because his heart is in Oregon?  PLEASE, SPARE ME!  He wanted to be the centerpiece and get all the attention.  That would never happen with Arch, Wingo and Cook there already in Austin, much less if we were also brining in other 5 Star WR's in his own class!! But what REALLY makes it obvious what the other primary factor was in this was all about $$$ - just look at him holding the Nike shoe up like a trophy, you could replace it with a stack of $100 bills and it would be sending the exact same message.  This is further confirmed if you look at the lower picture of him.  He is holding a bulging envelop with a "Committed" letter sticking out - what do you think the stuffed envelope is supposed to represent - the $$$!!!!!  

So, I while I think Jerry is correct to an extent about DM just "wanting to be somewhere other than UT", I think the reasons why matter.  On the other hand, I honestly think Bobby is wrong in saying "everybody's money is the same color" and so we must have just been outworked/outsmarted.  It's not the color of the money that is the issue - IT IS THE AMOUNT OF IT THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE TO THESE KIDS!!!!!!!  

Lastly, it appears we also underestimated the weight of having his HS coach's son recruiting him would have on his decision.  That was a unique dynamic that was impossible for us to duplicate, or even emulate.  No doubt they sold him on the "different path" and "legacy" story for him that would be harder for him to achieve in Austin.

Sucks to lose out on him, but I am confident we will have an excellent WR class this year regardless.

3 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

About time someone is man enough to say the truth. Honestly hurts but this is true. 

Take the L, @CJ Vogel.  This says more about the state of group think in Texas recruiting circles and lack of legitimate info than anything else.

Unless y'all are going to share more on how your info went so wrong?  ..and not just allusions to "NIL".  Got any real numbers?  Got any real info?

• Hook 'Em 1