Texas Basketball 2024-25 Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, bierce said:

Lunardi definitely elevates Mississippi State from the conference's third tier. 

Yes he does!

I'll say this too... the move to SEC isn't going to make for an easier hoops conference. The SEC has more head coaches in the league that have made it to the Final Four than the Big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Now that we're in the SEC I would love to get a Non-Con game going with KU every year. Really developed into a fun rivalry for me growing up and it's always great to have the opportunity to beat Self! You could make the argument nobody challenged KU with NBA talent more than us in the Big 12, however we were mostly outcoached after Barnes left.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, jake_don said:

Now that we're in the SEC I would love to get a Non-Con game going with KU every year. Really developed into a fun rivalry for me growing up and it's always great to have the opportunity to beat Self! You could make the argument nobody challenged KU with NBA talent more than us in the Big 12, however we were mostly outcoached after Barnes left.

Will be interesting. I could see Bill Self making one more big run at an NC with this loaded team, and heading off to his beachfront home in Fort Lauderdale. 

• Hook 'Em 2