Schloss and Co. get RHP transfer from portal (Thurs 2:15)

2 hours ago, BigPickleTexas said:

cachedImage.png

@CJ Vogel @Blake Munroe

Riojas played 2 years at UTSA. He pitched in 46 games. Started 2 games but as a reliever he averaged about 2.5 innings per outing.

In 2023, he was 5-0 in 20 appearances with 57 strikeouts in  46 innings and an ERA of 4.11.

In 2024, he was 10-3 and 7 saves in 26 appearances with 75 strikeouts in  69 innings and an ERA of 3.25.

• Hook 'Em 4

I’ll give Schloss and staff credit for recognizing a huge (but pretty obvious) void left by the previous “staff” and going out and finding the best arms available given the really tight time frame they have to work with. This staff has skins on the wall but I’ll be looking forward to see how next years team comes together. I fully expect next season to be a work in progress hopefully finding their stride by early conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1