The AT&T center on campus is a good spot, not cheap, but right in the mix if everything. There are a bunch of hotels in and around downtown. Stay away from the best western on 11th and anything along 35 north of campus up to 183. Matt’s El Rancho is a must (imo) after the game if early or before if a late game. Make sure you get a large Bob Armstrong 😊. Schultz is a great pregame/postgame spot close to campus. Crown and Anchor is a cool chill burger joint at 29th and San Jac before or after game as is Posse East just a block closer to the stadium. Check out the Surly Horns tailgate on LBJ lawn to catch some longhorn city limits, hopefully more details on that to come. Personally, I like going in early and seeing the band and the pomp and circumstance of the team coming into the stadium at Bevo Blvd and pre-game. Please feel free to message me directly. As a native Austinite and lifetime longhorn I love helping people out with things to do especially around their first game! The problem is that there’s so much to try and cram in haha!!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

The AT&T center on campus is a good spot, not cheap, but right in the mix if everything. There are a bunch of hotels in and around downtown. Stay away from the best western on 11th and anything along 35 north of campus up to 183. Matt’s El Rancho is a must (imo) after the game if early or before if a late game. Make sure you get a large Bob Armstrong 😊. Schultz is a great pregame/postgame spot close to campus. Crown and Anchor is a cool chill burger joint at 29th and San Jac before or after game as is Posse East just a block closer to the stadium. Check out the Surly Horns tailgate on LBJ lawn to catch some longhorn city limits, hopefully more details on that to come. Personally, I like going in early and seeing the band and the pomp and circumstance of the team coming into the stadium at Bevo Blvd and pre-game. Please feel free to message me directly. As a native Austinite and lifetime longhorn I love helping people out with things to do especially around their first game! The problem is that there’s so much to try and cram in haha!!

Oh yeah absolutely! I appreciate the help luckily I’m gonna make a weekend out of it, going to take off work Friday so I’ll be in Austin Friday around noon till Sunday around noon! 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

So nothing near the airport? Just clarifying stay south of 35?

8 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Stay away from 6th street, Rainey street and downtown in general after dark as a born and raised austinite for the last 34 years. 

Yeah we are planning on staying in a hotel looking at some trying to find a good location was looking at AT&T on campus and man it’s expensive 😂😂!

45 minutes ago, LonghornLegends said:

So nothing near the airport? Just clarifying stay south of 35?

No, too far out and nothing close by and easy. There’s a Hampton Inn on Lavaca and the double tree on 15th that are nice. Most game weekends pretty much everything is going to be expensive close to campus/downtown. Going out to Rainey, 6th, downtown isn’t super dangerous it’s just crowed with a lot of partiers and vagrants. It really depends what you’re looking to do. The less crazy part of 6th is west of congress. 5th street has a lot going on too. South Congress is hip and expensive, east side is hipster vibes, e. riverside to pleasant valley is a little better than it used to be, but still pretty sketchy depending on where you are. Honestly, it all just depends what you’re looking to do other than the game. 

3 minutes ago, LonghornLegends said:

Yeah we are planning on staying in a hotel looking at some trying to find a good location was looking at AT&T on campus and man it’s expensive 😂😂!

Yeah not cheap at all, but great location. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

Yeah not cheap at all, but great location. 

Airbnb can be good, but would recommend checking with some locals first just to make sure 😊! I’m sure there’s plenty on here that are happy to help!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

Airbnb can be good, but would recommend checking with some locals first just to make sure 😊! I’m sure there’s plenty on here that are happy to help!

That’s a good Idea I didn’t even think of anyone having an airbnb not a bad idea!

Edited by LonghornLegends
  • Hook 'Em 1