Quick question for Mr.Hamilton

I asked this on coffee and football, even had my hand raised but didn't get called upon. Are you a Longhorn fan? I know you have done the national recruiting thing and you seem to know every damn kid in the country. Was just curious if you are now or have always been a fan of the Longhorns. Thanks

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

lol Sorry I missed your Q.

For sure. Grew up UT as my team. 

Have multiple family members that attended UT as well. 

Have been to more than 200 combined UT football and basketball games through the years. NCAA Tournament games, all of Rickey’s homes games in the race for the record, etc…

• Hook 'Em 14

• Moderators
Just now, Pocono longhorn said:

Thank you for your answer. By the way you talk on the shows it sure seemed like you are.

But I will say this 1,000%… when I was part of or over national prospect rankings … I never ranked a player higher based on where they were going to college. 

I looked at a player for their talent, period. 

• Hook 'Em 11

• Moderators

This thread could be fun …

Some of my favorite Texas memories 

Flew up to Chicago and drove to Madison, Wisconsin for the Sweet 16 game against Oregon. TJ Ford’s freshman year

Went to the Elite 8 game against Michigan State in San Antonio 

So many NCAA Tournament games.

As much fun as the football games have been and are, the NCAA Tournament games are amazing in person because it’s win or go home.

Football games … Texas-OU 2008 in person was off the charts. Last years Texas-OU was like an NCAA Tournament game feel too

• Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Flew up to Chicago and drove to Madison, Wisconsin for the Sweet 16 game against Oregon. TJ Ford’s freshman year

As much fun as the football games have been and are, the NCAA Tournament games are amazing in person because it’s win or go home.

Football games … Texas-OU 2008 in person was off the charts. Last years Texas-OU was like an NCAA Tournament game feel too

I’ll be going to my first Texas game next year in Athens. Can’t wait even if it’s an away game 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

I’ll be going to my first Texas game next year in Athens. Can’t wait even if it’s an away game 

I will be there! Going to be epic … Athens is a tremendous college town IMO. that will be fun 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Never went to one of the tourney games but I just remember KD’s freshman year. Crazy because I also remember Michael Beasley was the year after & there was the big debate over who would be better. I think admittedly at the time I thought Beasley would end up better because he was so productive & his talent level was insane.