My thoughts on Quinn

Tande11

His 4 best games:

Bama 2022

Bama 2023

OU 2022

OSU 2023

Nobody really expected anything from him. It was his second career start for Bama 2022, so no expectations. Bama 2023 no one expected us to win, so no real expectations of Quinn. OU 2022 he was coming off injury as freshman so no expectations. OSU 2023 played below average against Tech, so no expectations.

His 6 worst games:

Georgia 2024

OSU 2022

OU 2024

Wyoming 2023

Washington 2023

TCU 2022

Georgia 2024, everyone is talking about he’s vying for QB1 in draft with Beck, game is on his shoulders etc, huge expectations. OSU 2022, coming off OU and ISU and everyone was talking about how he maybe one of the best QBs in country, huge expectations in an away ranked matchup. OU 2024, coming off of injury after he was the Heisman favorite, huge expectations to come back on fire and torch a decimated OU.  Wyoming 2023, coming off his best game in his career, firmly on Heisman race, expected to put up huge numbers against weak opponent. Washington 2023, everyone is billing it as a battle of QBs so huge expectations. TCU 2022, coming off a big win against Kansas State, Quinn was expected to put up huge numbers to beat a #4 team to make the Big 12 championship game.

In conclusion: when he isn’t expected to do anything, he can play his little heart out because there’s no pressure. As soon as there is pressure or expectations, he folds. He gets in is own head and I think he genuinely cost himself being a first or second round pick last night.

1 minute ago, WestlakeLonghorn said:

Maybe Hudson Card could transfer back in for us - he always played best in big games 😉

😂 Yea Ewers was disappointing for sure, but he played better in the second half at least. I think Arch will be much better than Quinn long term, but he probably isn't better today.

I guess I'm saying Quinn is who he is. He's not an elite QB and would be a massive bust as a #1 pick. But, he's still good enough to win with if we actually block somebody going forward.

The problem is this year Quinn seems to have regressed instead of progress.

Less downfield hits (rarely throws them but when he does it’s rarely even close).

He checks down way too much and way too early.  Sometimes you have to give your receivers a chance, especially when the line gives you time.  He’s feeling phantom pressure, I liken it to David Carr when he was with the Texans.  Eventually that clock in his head was way faster than it truly was.