UT vs. UT Annual Rivalry

Would anyone besides me want to see a Texas vs. Tennessee rivalry begin with our entering the SEC this year?  I love the history of the two states (Texas history in grade school gave me reason to love Tennessee), the similarities between both the states and the two flagship schools, etc.  Yes, I am biased as I graduated from both Tennessee (BS Ed.) and Texas (MEd.)

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Shane said:

I agree,I laugh when I hear it. 

I do too.  Like I said, I graduated from both.  Being from Texas, when I went to Tennessee they all said "oh you decided to come to the real UT" and then when I went to grad school at Texas and they saw I did my undergrad at Tennessee they all said "oh you decided to come to the real UT"  LOL  So, I decided to try and figure it out and went into Google and typed in: ut.edu and freaking University of Tampa popped up!!  ROFL😄😂🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VFL TX-EX said:

I do too.  Like I said, I graduated from both.  Being from Texas, when I went to Tennessee they all said "oh you decided to come to the real UT" and then when I went to grad school at Texas and they saw I did my undergrad at Tennessee they all said "oh you decided to come to the real UT"  LOL  So, I decided to try and figure it out and went into Google and typed in: ut.edu and freaking University of Tampa popped up!!  ROFL😄😂🤣

I think Tennessee is the older university but I told my nephew just let it be settled on the field. It’s all good fun to me 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Shane said:

I think Tennessee is the older university but I told my nephew just let it be settled on the field. It’s all good fun to me 

I agree with it all being good fun for sure.  Tennesse is older, however, they were Bount College when founded, changed to East Tennessee University, and then finally University of Tenneessee in 1879 I believe.  Texas was founded, albeit in name only, in 1839 when the Republic of Texas passed legislation and set aside money for the University of Texas.  Mexico, annexation, and the Civil War all delayed the building and ultimate opening of doors for Texas till 1883.  Still, I wanna see this game badly! 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, horns96 said:

Do we have room for another rivalry?

I am looking forward to an eventual trip to Knoxville.

Good question.  I'm not sure.  Was kinda thinking that this generation might latch onto the UTs rivalry over our rivalry with Arkansas which has been dead during most of this generations lifetime.

5 minutes ago, VFL TX-EX said:

I agree with it all being good fun for sure.  Tennesse is older, however, they were Bount College when founded, changed to East Tennessee University, and then finally University of Tenneessee in 1879 I believe.  Texas was founded, albeit in name only, in 1839 when the Republic of Texas passed legislation and set aside money for the University of Texas.  Mexico, annexation, and the Civil War all delayed the building and ultimate opening of doors for Texas till 1883.  Still, I wanna see this game badly! 🙂

Great information! Thanks 

• Thanks 1