2026 Bastrop DL High on Texas Under Sarkisian

• Moderators

The Latest on 2026 Four-star Bastrop DL Tiki Hola

Made the quick drive over to Bastrop to catch a workout this morning. There is plenty of talent coming up that I will get into later in the week, but 2026 defensive lineman Tiki Hola is the prize at the moment in Texas circles.

Hola visited Texas during the January 20 Junior Day, and while Texas had yet to make a hiring at the DL spot, Hola spent a lot of time with Coach Johnny Nansen and came away from the afternoon with rave reviews.

"I loved it," Hola said of his time on campus. "I got to meet with Coach Sark and talk to him for a little bit. I got to know him a little bit and he got to know me a little bit. Plus the basketball game, it was just a fun day in general."

The 6-foot-3 and 280-pound defensive lineman has become one of the jewels in the Austin area for the 2026 cycle and Texas is going to be a player here. Coach Sarkisian stopped by in the winter to catch a workout and is expected to return in the spring – most likely with Coach Kenny Baker.

"(Coach Sarkisian) is a great coach," Hola said. "But he is more than coach, he is a great person in general. He tries to genuinely get to know you and get a good conversation out of you."

Coach Baker had not yet been hired when Hola visited Austin, but the big takeaway from the trip was actually the time he spent with coach Johnny Nansen. Hola was originally born in California before moving to Bastrop at a young age, plus he is cousins with former Alabama LB Henry To'oto'o.

Texas has been a player here for a while. The initial offer came last June following a camp during the summer. 

Since January, Auburn, Miami, Nebraska, Texas A&M and USC have all gotten involved. 

Recruiting is really beginning to take off for Hola, yet the spring visit schedule is completely wide open. He mentioned a possible return to Austin for a spring practice or two, but has nothing locked in for Texas or anyone else for the time being.

This was my first time watching Hola in workouts and I was thoroughly impressed. For someone as big as he is at that age, there is so much fluidity in movements and plenty of flexibility. 

Hola played over the ball straight up last year, though you can expect many coaches to recruit him as a future 3-tech or 4i, which is more right over the guard/inside the tackle. One of the better interior defensive linemen in the state and only a 35-minute drive from campus.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, goathumper said:

Very very high end prospect at a premium position. 

Recruitment will last through NSD but a must get for Texas. Good to have an early leg up here

He’s extremely athletic for his size. Really like how he projects and of course Texas is in a strong spot early.