KJ Lacey is dropping in the rankings

Why is KJ Lacy not getting the love from the recruiting sites? He's ranked anywhere from 110 to 141? On 24/7 he is the number 14 ranked quarterback in the 2025 class? Whereas the kid from duncanville is top 50? Steve Sarkisian see something in him that the ranking services do not? And how would you compare the kid from duncanville versus KJ Lacy? I think there are 3 Texas kids ranked higher than KJ. 

Rankers like measurables most of the time. 

The Rankers look at height and weight rather than athletic TALENT. 

And there's the fact that he committed so early.  Rankers like recruitments that stretch out.

The Rankers know more than Sark.  I swear.  OK I'm joking.

The Rankers suck.  Last year was a travesty and I'm thinking THIS recruiting year will be more of the same.

Each year the rankers get worse.  They used to be ok...now they're just RANK

11 minutes ago, taxsaver said:

Rankers like measurables most of the time. 

The Rankers look at height and weight rather than athletic TALENT. 

And there's the fact that he committed so early.  Rankers like recruitments that stretch out.

The Rankers know more than Sark.  I swear.  OK I'm joking.

The Rankers suck.  Last year was a travesty and I'm thinking THIS recruiting year will be more of the same.

Each year the rankers get worse.  They used to be ok...now they're just RANK

I have not seen KJ play, but I have seen the kid from Duncanville play and he's good? Just wondering if a coach can fall in love with a kid to early? Or I like this kid in 2025, but I love the kid in 2026 a lot more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So we all think there is a Texas bias in the rankings? Malik Murphy was the number two rated quarterback until he committed to Texas and then they dropped him down to just passed a hundred and ten I think? This last cycle almost all of the Texas top 200 players dropped on the final rankings. Three five star players became four stars? Not saying there's a bias, but it sure feels a bit strange?

1 hour ago, David Latiolais said:

So we all think there is a Texas bias in the rankings? Malik Murphy was the number two rated quarterback until he committed to Texas and then they dropped him down to just passed a hundred and ten I think? This last cycle almost all of the Texas top 200 players dropped on the final rankings. Three five star players became four stars? Not saying there's a bias, but it sure feels a bit strange?

Not sure of bias...but I'm very sure of incompetence