Any news on Ulrich Chomche?

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Bwub60 said:

So an opportunity to not be developed?

The way I see the G-league ... great for development, but you go away from the public/brand building for a year. 

There is no doubt Ron Holland developed more on a day-to-day basis in the G-league this year working with NBA personnel in skill development vs a year in college with restricted gym hours, but nobody saw him for a year... 

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

The way I see the G-league ... great for development, but you go away from the public/brand building for a year. 

There is no doubt Ron Holland developed more on a day-to-day basis in the G-league this year working with NBA personnel in skill development vs a year in college with restricted gym hours, but nobody saw him for a year... 

3 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Gerry,

do you have any thoughts on the future of Ignite / G-League in general, and the possible impact of the Ignite program ending, and what that all means for college basketball?  Adam Silver and team will be reviewing the future of Ignite in the next few months, due to the NIL impact on college basketball.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Glass Joe said:

Gerry,

do you have any thoughts on the future of Ignite / G-League in general, and the possible impact of the Ignite program ending, and what that all means for college basketball?  Adam Silver and team will be reviewing the future of Ignite in the next few months, due to the NIL impact on college basketball.

I don't think the G-League Ignite program is ending after a recent conversation with someone that works for the NBAPA ... could it change in the future, can't rule that out. But I asked this person after Adam Silver's remarks at the All-Star Game 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bwub60 said:

The ignite have been terrible at development. Beauchamp is one of the few wins but they have mostly failed. 

Disagree. It's just that people want instant gratification ... how often does that happen with development? 

There is always going to be some guys that work out long term, and some that don't. From a singular basketball development, being in the gym without restricted hours working with NBA trainers/development coaches is always a basketball win over college with restricted hours. 

Outside of just the basketball aspect, there is a different convo for me. The life part ... the guys decision making on what they will do with their time. 

12 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Disagree. It's just that people want instant gratification ... how often does that happen with development? 

There is always going to be some guys that work out long term, and some that don't. From a singular basketball development, being in the gym without restricted hours working with NBA trainers/development coaches is always a basketball win over college with restricted hours. 

Outside of just the basketball aspect, there is a different convo for me. The life part ... the guys decision making on what they will do with their time. 

Jalen Green has been an absolute failure on and off the court. He was their 1st big name, and he's not helping their perception of on/off court development at all.

10 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

You know as much basketball as anyone but the ignite has been a developmental nightmare. Some of these guys will end up being good players but the NZL league and Collage Basketball have done a much better job overall.