Jump to content

Waxahorn

Supporters
  • Posts

    687
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Waxahorn

  1. Not sure what position Snell wants to play or how he rates against other prospects, but I can attest he was a dynamic hitter last year. A lot of guys that Snell hit had to wobble off the field.
  2. I used to attend the games and have seen over 200 in person. It sounds crazy I know but now I record the game and I don't watch until it's over. These games today make me a nervous wreck. I turn on OTF Watch with Us during the actual game and listen to Craig Way on the radio. I think the Horns have given me blood pressure problems. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much.
  3. I think the team needs to be reminded of what DKR used to say, “When you get to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”
  4. I don't know if anyone can possibly dislike them more than I do. I believe that 1976 tie with Oklahoma coming on the tails of the OU spying operation was the straw that broke for DKR. Texas went into that game as an underdog and outplayed OU in a fanatical defensive performance only to be tied in the closing minutes by an untimely fumble and a missed OU extra point. It was just sickening.
  5. I'm tired of hearing this sh*t.
  6. Order tea!
  7. “You may all go to h*ll and I will go to Texas”
  8. Lifelong hater, no surprise at all.
  9. The last sitting president that attended a Texas game as I recall was Gerald Ford. He did the coin toss for Texas-OU 1976. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.
  10. I can remember a lot of years when it was Texas with these injury problems. Knock on wood that this does not happen to UT. 1977 comes to mind when Texas went 11-1 with our third string QB due to injuries to 1 and 2. I really want to see Justus Terry back in action before too long.
  11. Maybe he just likes dust storms.
  12. Three things I recall about that game was watching Bear Bryant during the pregame warmups. He walked down the tunnel and made it as far as the goalposts where stayed during warmups leaning against the post. I was sitting in the home side upper deck about 6 feet from Denver Pyle who was dressed as Uncle Jesse. There was a very large human from Alabama in the men's room that was talking about Texas steers with no balls.
  13. And a great Longhorn. I'll never forget the Cotton Bowl win over Alabama.
  14. Baxter and Barnes still have never lost to aggy. Ever since they expanded their stadium, they have more exits to leave early by.
  15. He's got chicken legs.
  16. Whoever it is that is scouting for these portal guys is doing a great job.
  17. Hello Mister Hamilton.
  18. In person, I would say Eric Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Mike Singletary.
  19. We'll need him before the season is over.
  20. The Man in Black, must think he is Johnny Cash.
  21. I celebrate a #1 ranking after a season is in the books, and hopefully we will.
  22. Hopefully they will continue to play a chip on their shoulder anyway. I've been following the Horns for 60 years and I've seen that ranking come and go many times.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.