Arch Manning spring game thread

But they said he’s basically a 3 star talent with a 5 star last name?😱 but seriously. All those guys looked great. Trey Owens was obviously undervalued coming outta high school, I even thought cole lourd made some nice throws in tight windows- I think he’s gonna portal out though- and rightfully so bc he can probably start at some schools

• Hook 'Em 2

I never understood the argument that he was over rated based on playing at Newman against inferior talent, given that his uncles both played there and he bested their Newman records?  Guess haters gonna hate 

QB room is LEGIT

Hook'em

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Robert Young said:

I never understood the argument that he was over rated based on playing at Newman against inferior talent, given that his uncles both played there and he bested their Newman records?  Guess haters gonna hate 

QB room is LEGIT

Hook'em

1000%. It was so dumb by so many in our industry - including several national analysts and people over rankings. 

Peyton and Eli never won state at Isidore Newman. They didn't play against the top notch competition ... literally no different. Guess they turned out okay 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

1000%. It was so dumb by so many in our industry - including several national analysts and people over rankings. 

Peyton and Eli never won state at Isidore Newman. They didn't play against the top notch competition ... literally no different. Guess they turned out okay 

Right. Also, "if his name wasn't Manning"  blah blah blah. Yes, being a MANNING matters. We're all taking that into account when projecting his greatness. Growing up in that family, with the technical and mental preparation he's been exposed to his entire life, is a massive edge.