Keelon Russell Post Visit Update (1:50 pm CST)

• Moderators

Duncanville High 4-star QB Keelon Russell told OTF that he has concluded his visit. 

The Texas staff did not say the plan to make 2025 a two QB class. They want one QB, and develop that QB. 

The Texas staff said their QB in the class with either be K.J. Lacey or Russell. 

The Texas staff they love Russell’s talent and skill set, and they could see him being part of the program. 

Russell said this was his best visit to date. He told the Texas staff he would come in and compete.

Official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. 

SMU OV in mid-May and Florida June 7-9.

• Hook 'Em 13

31 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Most college upside is more important the pro for Texas

While I do not disagree, HS players look at teams who put players in the NFL. I believe we have three pro QB prospects on campus now. IMO, Quinn, Arch, and Trey are talented enough to be drafted. It is just a matter of how the prepare themselves. 

54 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

I'd rather have Russell than Lacey. He's bigger, stronger and more athletic. 

And he strengthens the Duncanville pipeline. Also, Sark wouldn't be considering Russell if he truly believed that Lacey was 100% in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry, what’s gonna happen here?

Does Texas ride with Lacey and let Keelon go?

Does Texas let Lacey know that Keelon is preferred (if he is) so that KJ moves on and they offer/land Keelon?

Which one should Texas go all in on? 

Edited by UTexas

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, UTexas said:

Gerry, what’s gonna happen here?

Does Texas ride with Lacey and let Keelon go?

Does Texas let Lacey know that Keelon is preferred (if he is) so that KJ moves on and they offer/land Keelon?

Which one should Texas go all in on? 

We shall see how it plays out. May will very likely tell the story 

• Hook 'Em 5

I was with the recruits yesterday and we were walking to the stands to watch the game. I was behind Kj and other recruits in the hallway. Some guy I didn't recognized turned around and yelled out how Kj is the best recruiter in the class for Texas and was hyped up. Kj turned around and started pointing at some other kid and they were all hyped and jumping. My overall point is that it would suck seeing Kj trying to recruit for Texas and then having Texas move on to another QB, but I put my trust in that Sark knows what he's doing 🤘🏼

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Oskies1279 said:

I was with the recruits yesterday and we were walking to the stands to watch the game. I was behind Kj and other recruits in the hallway. Some guy I didn't recognized turned around and yelled out how Kj is the best recruiter in the class for Texas and was hyped up. Kj turned around and started pointing at some other kid and they were all hyped and jumping. My overall point is that it would suck seeing Kj trying to recruit for Texas and then having Texas move on to another QB, but I put my trust in that Sark knows what he's doing 🤘🏼

One thing is for sure… wouldn’t hurt with the Duncanville kids!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

I’m anxious to see how this all works out. Can’t go wrong with either. Going to be a fun one to keep an eye on imo. 

You've been hanging out with Gerry too long.  You have his warped sense of "fun". 😎

• Hook 'Em 1