Favorite/Best rivalries in CFB?

• Moderators

So I was reading this article on the “25 Best Rivalries in College Football” (link below) and they listed OU-Texas as….. 17. Obviously I don’t agree and that was the only Texas game listed on there.

But it got me thinking, what’s your favorite rivalry game from a non-Texas standpoint and why?

https://cfbselect.com/2024/04/25/25-best-rivalry-trophies-in-college-football/

Army Navy would be #1 for obvious reasons for me. 

For other rivalries, both teams have to be competitive for me if Texas isn't involved.  For example, never really cared about Ohio St Michigan until last few years with Michigan being good.  I'd put Bedlam (RIP), Bama/Auburn, and Tennessee Georgia up there as well.  Miami FSU has lost its shine but that was fun to watch back in the day.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Personally, being from Texas, Texas vs. Texas A&M is up there for me, especially since it is coming back. There’s an entire generation of kids who don’t know the rivalry, and I think it is huge for Texas football now that it’s back

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, they have a section on the best rivalries in college football, and they offered:

Texas - OU

Michigan - OSU

Army - Navy

Alabama - Auburn

ND - USC

Stanford - Cal

Grambling - Southern

Edited by Glass Joe
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Glass Joe said:

Well, at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, they have a section on the best rivalries in college football, and they offered:

Texas - OU

Michigan - OSU

Army - Navy

Alabama - Auburn

ND - USC

Stanford - Cal

Grambling - Southern

Good list. I wish I had added USC-ND

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2024 at 7:30 PM, Glass Joe said:

Texas - OU

Michigan - OSU

Army - Navy

Alabama - Auburn

ND - USC

Stanford - Cal

Grambling - Southern

I'd be curious if you asked an SC alum which is the bigger must win. 

ND or UCLA

SC is similar to Texas.  Both with multiple "rivalry games"

Edited by 40acres

Posted (edited)

Texas v Oklahoma

Texas v A&M

Tennessee v Alabama

Notre Dame v USC

Air Force v Navy

Texas Ex Life Member, so the two Texas rivalries are top of list.  Vol For Life alumni member, so Rocky Top v Bama.  Irish heritage, so ND's biggest rival in USC.  Air Force veteran with my Dad being a Navy vet, so AF v Navy. 🤘 

Edited by VFL TX-EX
  • Hook 'Em 1