Harbaugh for the Flag

Harbaugh took 2 Wolverines really late to make sure they had 13 on the field... I mean they won the title for most signals stolen... err.. players drafted! I got it right the third time... not sure if there was any illegal contact or not... Harbaugh maybe with the Chargers but remains to be seen if he will turn pro.

58 minutes ago, David Edwards said:

Harbaugh took 2 Wolverines really late to make sure they had 13 on the field... I mean they won the title for most signals stolen... err.. players drafted! I got it right the third time... not sure if there was any illegal contact or not... Harbaugh maybe with the Chargers but remains to be seen if he will turn pro.

Harbaugh won a national championship and won 49 games in four seasons with the 49ers.  He’s no scrub.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Edwards said:

Wow... I thought this was a Longhorn site. I didn't know we were defending that school up north and people of the illegal contact persuasion. Hook Em! 

So what if he drafted two of his former players, not losing sleep over it.

Texas had a great weekend and leave it at that instead of being up Harbaugh, he’s the Chargers coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

So what if he drafted two of his former players, not losing sleep over it.

Texas had a great weekend and leave it at that instead of being up Harbaugh, he’s the Chargers coach.

Agree to the extent that I'm glad he left Meatchicken.  And took the DC. DL coach, DB coach (?), and S&C coach with him.  Gives us a better shot at them in game #2.  That's what I care about.

• Thanks 1

I always liked Harbaugh until recently. Watching him at Michigan when I was a kid until a couple of years ago, he seemed like a good football guy, hard worker, etc. Even the NCAA going after him for the recruiting violations during the Covid period struck me as silly. What changed my mind is that he just seems to have become slimy. Playing the victim when he knows they're guilty as sin, taking cheap shots in the media, seemingly acting as if he's lost all sense of propriety. Maybe that stuff was there before and I just didn't know it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Longhorns over everything, but the idea Harbaugh would take players who didn't deserve it just to make Michigan's numbers look good makes no sense. His willingness to play fast and loose with the rules is all about winning. He took those players because he thinks they will help them win, nothing more, nothing less. Now, he could be completely wrong that those players were more valuable than other available players. But he probably had less time to prepare sufficient evals on the players with borderline NFL value and so went with players he knew and understood.