Rotation at Edge in '24

It looks like a key to our success on defense this season will be the pass rush. Not to knock our returning starters at Edge, but we've seen Sorrell and Burke for a lot of snaps. They struggled to get sacks last year, even with two All-American level players at DT. Can they improve some from last year? Sure. But I'm not expecting major leaps from them.

Based on the spring game and practice reports, our most effective pass rush looks to come from Trey Moore, Colin Simmons, and Colton Vasek.  At least one of them, if not 2-3, should be in there on passing downs. They're just at a different level in terms of pass rush ability. (Obviously A. Hill will be a mainstay at LB).

If we get too predictable in substitutions, opponents will just go no-huddle on 3rd down and catch us with Sorrell and Burke. Do you think we'll see different pairings on the Edge? How do you all think this plays out in '24? I don't think we'll have the juice we need in the pass rush if Sorrell and Burke are out there on too many passing downs. I'm curious to see what combos are used, and how we substitute.

• Hook 'Em 1

Definitely think on obvious passing downs we should have a package where Sorrell and/or Burke slide inside and let Moore/Simmons loose on the edge.

I’m excited/hopeful that we have an improved pass rush which will help everywhere else on the D as well!!

3 hours ago, wb1076 said:

Definitely think on obvious passing downs we should have a package where Sorrell and/or Burke slide inside and let Moore/Simmons loose on the edge.

I’m excited/hopeful that we have an improved pass rush which will help everywhere else on the D as well!!

Thinking the same on that ! Just add Hill coming off a blitz with those dudes rushing as well.  Fun times ahead…